Thursday, November 22, 2018

Wednesday, November 21, 2018


Typical night, finally waking at 7:15 and getting up at 7:45.

It obvious we got a little rain overnight although I never heard anything.

I left the apt at 9:15 and walked down to the mall.

I first stopped at Cine Colombia but found it still closed.  (Most of the stores don’t open until 10am.)  I noticed most of the banks open at 9am; others 8am.

At Smartfit I showed my Cedula (copy) to the girl at the desk, she looked at something on her computer and let me through the turnstyle.  (No line this time.)

All of the machines are Matrix brand like the Parque Envigado location but some of the machines work differently; probably more modern.  I found the Lat Pulldown to be much tighter than I was used to and I had to move down 10#.  The same occurred on a few others.

I left about 11:30 and at Cine Colombia asked to see available seats for the 6:30 and 7:10 showtimes for Bohemian Rhapsody.  There was almost nothing available.  Strange!  Either people are buying seats at the box office ahead of time or buying them online.

Back at the apt Teresa got a call and we have to go back to Las Americas to pay 396mil for a more in-depth study of her breast biopsy so we’ll be going there after lunch.

I logged into my Cine Colombia account and I think I bought 2 tickets for next Wednesday’s 6:30pm showing for 4mil each.  I was also charged an additional 4,622 peso service fee.  I just need to print out the receipt; I guess.

After lunch we took a taxi to Las Americas and after about an hour wait we made the payment.  Afterwards I stopped at their CaFam drugstore where I bought 10 Zopiclona sleeping pills for 17,240 pesos.  I usually pay 15,900 pesos for a package of 30 at Todo Drogas.

We took a taxi to Viva Envigado where I printed the Inter-Col email with the deposit instructions and the Cine Colombia ticket confirmation.

I made a withdrawal from Servibanca.  For some reason their ATM fee was higher than usual, about 14,500 pesos instead of the usual 12,600.  I don’t remember the exact amount because the printer ran out of paper so I had no receipt to refer to later.

We walked over to Banco Sudameras and found it closed.  It was 4:15 and they close at 4pm.  I texted Inter-Col and informed them I would be paying and sending the receipt to them tomorrow morning.

We had an early dinner at Crepes & Waffles while Teresa read and reread more of her biopsy results.

I reminded Teresa that exactly 2 months from today Laura leaves for the States.

Back at the apt we spent over an hour searching for medical terms from her biopsy.  Last time I would translate a medical phrase into English, google it, read it, copy and paste it and translate it into Spanish for Teresa to read.  This time I just googled a phrase and let her read it.   That went much faster as she could decide what article she wanted to know more about.

Laura came home about 7:30 and I showed her an old card trick and it literally appeared to take her breath away.  “How did you do that?”  Lol!

I finished reading James Patterson’s Hope to die: Alex Cross #22.

Joke of the day
An Arab Sheik with a rare blood type was admitted to a hospital for heart surgery. Prior to surgery the doctors needed to find donor blood in case the need arose.

Finally, they located a Scotsman with the same blood type, who willingly donated his blood for the Arab.

After the surgery, the Arab sent the Scotsman a new BMW, diamonds and US dollars, in appreciation for giving his blood.
A few days later, the Arab had to go through a corrective surgery.

His doctor telephoned the Scotsman who was more than happy to donate his blood again.

After the second surgery, the Arab sent the Scotsman a thank-you card and a box of Godiva chocolates.

The Scotsman was shocked the Arab did not reciprocate his kind gesture as he had anticipated.

He phoned the Arab and asked, "I thought you would show your generosity again, as you did before, but you only gave me a card and chocolates."

To this the Arab replied, "Aye laddie, but now I have 'Scottish' blood in me veins."

1 comment:

  1. WOW – Can't believe it, Terry, that there were only six –count them, six!– idiots floating around out there who were available to be featured in your 'Idiot Sighting' series of anecdotes!

    Cheers!
    ==

    ReplyDelete