Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Tuesday, November 13, 2018


Last night I only got up once finally waking/getting up at 7am.

I left the apt at 8:50 and walking down the street I realized I had forgotten my iPod, so no music.  By the time I got to the metro I realized I had also forgotten my cellphone.  Drat!  I arrived at the chess league at 9:55.  I had the White pieces in the first game and I felt Jose had the advantage but after his 14th and 15th move I felt I had the advantage.  The game went down to the last minute but I prevailed.

We had lunch at Obispo mall again but today Jose wanted a sandwich so we ate at Q’Bano.  I had a ropa vieja sandwich and Colk for 17,500 pesos.

Only Chicagoans will understand this but I saw a young man wearing a t-shirt that said: Packey Webb Ford, Downers Grove.  Incredible!

Back at the chess league I had the Black pieces and I had the advantage throughout the game but I missed a move in the endgame and he mated me.

During the last half hour we had rain, 20 minutes of it heavy.  By the time we left it was just misting.  We took a taxi and I was dropped off at the metro station.  Jose informed me we won’t be playing the next 2 Tuesday’s because he and Maria are going on vacation to Argentina.

Back in Envigado it wasn’t raining.  I went to the mall and made an ATM withdrawal.  I remember now why I usually make larger ATM withdrawals instead of smaller withdrawals with no ATM charge.  My bank charges me $2 for every monthly withdrawal over 10 so for me the fewer the withdrawals the better.

Back at the apt I saw that I received a text message from Laura at 10:50; she was very happy because she got her au pair visa.  (Later Teresa told me that they didn’t ask her any questions.)

Teresa came back at 6:30 and told me she has an appointment for a biopsy at Las Americas (Avenida 80 location) on Friday at 10am.

About 7:45 I noticed we lost our internet.  At 8:30 I noticed it was back.

Laura called at 9pm and reported that she got lost in Bogota, missed her flight and is now taking a bus back to Medellin.  That’s a 9 hour journey through the mountains.  Incredible!

Joke of the day
THE MALE CYCLE
When I was 13, I hoped that one day I would have a girlfriend with big boobs.
When I was 16, I got a girlfriend with big boobs, but there was no passion, so I decided I needed a passionate girl with a zest for life.
In college I dated a passionate girl, but she was too emotional. Everything was an emergency; she was a drama queen, cried all the time and threatened suicide.
So I decided I needed a girl with stability.
When I was 25, I found a very stable girl but she was boring. She was totally predictable and never got excited about anything. Life became so dull that I decided that I needed a girl with excitement.
When I was 28, I found an exciting girl, but I couldn't keep up with her. She rushed from one thing to another, never settling on anything. She did mad impetuous things and made me miserable as often as happy. She was great fun initially and very energetic, but directionless.
So I decided to find a girl with some real ambition.
When I turned 30, I found a smart ambitious girl with her feet planted firmly on the ground, so I married her. She was so ambitious she divorced me and took everything I owned.
I am older and wiser now and I am looking for a girl with big boobs....

No comments:

Post a Comment