Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Tuesday, November 20, 2018


Last night I got up once during the night, once again to close the window as it was raining, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

I see the Rams outlasted the Chiefs last night 54-51.  Wow, a real defensive battle.  Lol.  I wonder how the Bears would do with their great defense against one of those high powered offenses.  We’ll find out in a few weeks as they play the Rams in week 14.

I thought we were going to Home Center this morning to buy a thing you put next to a sink to dry dishes but Teresa informed me that her friend Martha needed to talk to her so I watched some of the Today show.

I received a call from Chuck.  He and Darnelly are thinking about celebrating Thanksgiving Day at Patrick’s Pub also so I gave him the details.

Teresa and I left the apt about 11am and walked to Home Center.  We found a dish drying rack for next to the sink and she found a storage rack for Laura’s shower things.  We ran into an English speaking couple.  He, Erwin, was born in Germany and his wife’s name is Dora.  They are married and living between both Florida and Sabaneta.  (They might be on the popular 6-month plan.)  He worked for some time years ago in the Chicago area, mentioning Downers Grove.  I gave him my “business card” with my email address and my cellphone number. 

Teresa found a Christmas cookie jar she wanted so we bought that also.

We had lunch at Deli Hoy.  They really need a pedestrian bridge from the mall side of Avenida Las Vegas to the other.

Back at the apt we had a quick thunderstorm come through around 2:45.

About 3pm Teresa’s friend called and she went downstairs to talk to her at the guardhouse.

About 4:30 I took out the movie tickets I bought yesterday and found that what I thought was a 6:20 showtime instead is for 4:10pm so we missed it.  I took some flak from Teresa about my having Alzheimers.  Lol.  (In full disclosure I do sometimes have trouble remembering words.  For example, after we bought the cookie jar I was trying to remember what it’s called – I came up with cookie container.  Only later did it come back to me that we call it a jar.)

I received an email from Inter-Col asking me to pay 664,700 online by credit card or by putting cash in a Banco Sudameris.  I tried paying online with my debit card but their dropdown list only included Colombian banks.  I googled Banco Sudameris and found one in Viva Envigado.  I emailed back that I’ll deposit the cash there tomorrow.

All day I’ve been reading about Mitch Trubisky the Chicago Bears quarterback.  He was listed on the Did Not Practice report yesterday and today due to a shoulder injury.  We’ll see if he’s good to go against the Lions on Thursday.  It could be a day-to-day thing.  They might end up playing Chase Daniels just to make sure Mitch Trubisky is good to go for his next game.

Teresa asked me to open a can of Van Camps tuna that she bought.  It’s almost impossible to open because the top of the can isn’t round and I can’t get the hand can opener around the tight corner.  Why would they make it like that?

My brother is having his surgery on December 4th and then he’ll be in physical therapy for 6 weeks.  We’re all hoping he’ll be able to make his January 31st scheduled flight.  But, physical therapy is tough, man.

Joke of the day
IDIOT SIGHTING #6
When my husband and I arrived at a car dealership to pick up our car after a service, we were told the keys had been locked in it.
We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver’s side door.
As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked.
‘Hey,' I announced to the technician, 'its open!'
His reply, 'I know. I already did that side.'

No comments:

Post a Comment