Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Sunday, November 25, 2018


I got up once during the night, again at 6:30am finally waking/getting up at 8am.

I left the apt about 8:45 and walked down to the restaurant area Los Contenedores in 10 minutes.  Luckily, being Sunday, traffic was light and it was easy to cross the street.  Back up the hill I walked up to Avenida Poblado exiting just north of Otra Parte which I estimate is a 5 minute walk from our apt.

I followed the Ciclovia group to my usual downtown ATM.  Three old ladies beat me there by seconds.  One waited outside while the other 2 went in.  They came out a couple minutes later and by the few words I understood things did not go well.  Inside I found the screen frozen and inserting my card or pushing random buttons didn’t change anything.

I walked down the hill to Viva Envigado and easily withdrew the cash I needed from one of their ATMs.

I went downstairs and had coffee at Habia Una Vez while checking my cellphone.

Back at the apt, thanks to another expat, I found a cost of living comparison website called Numbeo.com.  According to them Envigado is cheaper than Chicago by:
66.74% - Consumer prices
83.35% - Rent prices
79.31% - Restaurant prices
72.64% - Grocery prices

We got some rain starting at 3:30 but it stopped 30 minutes later.
I vegged out again and watched NFL football most of the day.

The flashlight was on on Teresa’s cellphone and even I couldn’t figure out how to turn it off.  Then it seemed like it turned itself off because I know I didn’t do anything.

Teresa wanted to go to mass tonight but it’s been raining again for sometime.

Laura Whatsapped a photo of herself wearing a winter coat.  The hood looked good and the cuffs were fitted so I asked her what it’s made of.  She showed me the tag and it said cotton and polyester.  She says the salesgirl said it was good for the cold.  I said that may be fine for Bogota but it’s not good enough for winter in Mass.  I told her she should look for a down coat and asked her to ask the salesperson for a coat for skiing.  Lol.

Laura came home just before 9pm.  She bought the winter coat, and a sweater and socks from Brahma for almost 600mil.

If they’re not warm enough she can always buy another with her first paycheck.  And she still needs mittens and boots.

I watched some Sunday Night Football and when I went to bed the Vikings were ahead of the Packers 24-14.

Joke of the day
After a long night of making love, the guy notices a photo of another man, on the woman's nightstand by the bed.
He begins to worry.  'Is this your husband?' he nervously asks.
'No, silly,' she replies, snuggling up to him.
'Your boyfriend, then?' he continues.
'No, not at all,' she says, nibbling away at his ear.
'Is it your dad or your brother?' he inquires, hoping to be reassured.
'No, no, no! You are so hot when you're jealous!' she answers.
'Well, who in the hell is he, then?' he demands. 
She whispers in his ear 'That's me… before the surgery.'

No comments:

Post a Comment