Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Monday, November 19, 2018


Last night I went to bed at 11:45, quickly fell asleep but woke up at 4:45.  I finally gave up and got up an hour later.

After breakfast I took a nap from 8:15 to 9:15.

I left the apt just after 9:30.  Going up the hill I saw both Metro and Rosellon buses go by but I was too far way to see if they turned left or right at Avenida Poblado.  At the gym I used the translator app on my cellphone to ask the young lady at the front desk to help me transfer my membership to Viva Envigado.  She spent some time on her laptop then proclaimed that everything is taken care of and all I need to do is bring my Registration documents to Viva Envigado.  I told her I probably have them in my storage box back in my apt.

After lunch I tried to take a nap with Teresa but after about 20 minutes I gave up falling asleep and got up.

Teresa told me she’s going with Esmeralda to someplace near Oviedo or Santafe mall to pray.  It took me a while to realize she’s talking about the shrine with all the votive candles I have often seen in a grotto on Avenida Poblado.  She invited me to join them but I declined.

I left the apt about 4:30 and first walked to a shoe repair shop I’ve used before.  I found it closed.  Strange as it’s only 5pm.  On the way I noted that the detour is gone.

I walked down to Exito in the mall and at Auros I printed out a Smartfit registration page I found in my emails.  I also printed out a chess article I found.

In the mall I went up to the 4th floor and got in line at the front desk at Smartfit.  When it was my turn I used my translator to explain that I wanted to transfer my membership from the Parque Envigado location to this one.  She checked something on her computer and first pointed out that the cost is 5,000 pesos more.  I agreed to that and she informed me that I can start immediately but when I come in I’ll have to show my Cedula at the front desk instead of using the turnstyle.

I walked down to Home Center.  I kept missing their 2nd floor entrance until I realized that their 1st and 2nd levels equate to the 1st floor and 1st basement levels in the mall.  I found where they sell the slides for desk drawers and they had what appeared to be dozens of them.  As I was looking over the differences a salesman came by, I showed him my defective part, and he soon picked out a replacement for me.

I walked over to Cine Colombia where I bought 2 tickets to tomorrow’s 6:20 showtime of Bohemian Rhapsody for Teresa and I for 5mil each.

I stopped upstairs at Café Arangos where I had a café con leche for 3,500 pesos.  Again I couldn’t get internet so I think I’m going to cross this place off my list for awhile.

I got an email from my brother that he has to have arthroscopic knee surgery for a torn meniscus in his knee.  He’s trying to have that done ASAP so it doesn’t interfere with his planned vacation here.  I hope he heals faster than I did after my knee surgery.

Luara came back and was very excited because she has her passport with the Visa inside.  I understand she told MT that she’s going to America as an au pair and she cried.  She said she wants to go too.

Tonight we have the 9-1 Kansas City Chiefs at the 9-1 Los Angeles Rams.  I think I’ll see some of that game tonight.  The Rams were up 10 points when I went to bed.

Joke of the day
IDIOT SIGHTING #5
I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, 'Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?'
To which I replied, 'If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?'
He smiled knowingly and nodded, 'That's why we ask.'


No comments:

Post a Comment