Saturday, February 19, 2022

Friday, February 18, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night, heard a short rainstorm at 5:30am, woke up at 7:30, did my Kegel exercises and got up.

Teresa went to an early exercise class, so I had cereal for breakfast and left the apt at 9am.

At Envios Market I paid 230,400 pesos ($60) to DHL all of Laura’s stuff to her. (I thought the cost was going to be well over $100.) She should receive it in 3-4 (probably business) days. In addition to that Laura owes me 270,497 for her medicine from Todo Drogas and 87,000 for her cream from Medipiel for a total of 587,897 / 3,900 COP/USD = $150.74. She said she would pay me next month when the starts working again.

I had coffee at Los Porteños before returning to the apt.

There seemed to be some confusion as to my EKG results: where they are and who has them. Finally, Dr. Gomez said he would contact Clinica Medellin to retrieve them.

 

Very cool day; only 70 degrees at 1pm with a few raindrops.

I left the apt at 2pm and took a Didi to Viva Envigado. I recycled a pill bottle than saw Daniel with a customer in Celebrity Barber Shop. He initially asked me to return in 20 minutes. I told him I could come a little later if need be. I said to return in an hour at 3:30. I had just settled down with a latte in Todo Fresa when he texted me asking me to return in 5 minutes. Sigh! I paid for my coffee and hustled back up to the 3rd floor. (It turns out he had another customer who moved his appointment to later.) He gave me my usual haircut. I asked him to remove my nose hairs again since it had been 3 months. He put the wax in but when it came time to remove the sticks they didn’t come out and he had to try a second time.

I went down to Santa Leña for a latte. I left an hour later and noticed a lot of people wearing jackets but at least they didn’t have umbrellas. At the entrance it was obvious we had a little rain but not at the moment. I got in line, and it took 10-15 minutes to catch a taxi because of the demand.

I was back at the apt by 5pm.

For the first time in 2 years, I completed one of my Rosetta Stone lessons - Unit 15, lesson 3.

 

Surgery update: 1. My surgery duration has been reduced from 6 hours to 5 hours (I guess they’re going to hurry 😊)  2. The hospital charge has increased from 8,540,000 to 8,720,000 but includes a one-night stay. (I was a little concerned about my surgery ending (on time) at 7pm and then having to checkout in a few hours so as not to stay “overnight”.)

After I recover from this latest surgery, I’m going to have to see a rheumatologist for what I suspect is arthritis in my feet.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 129,239 ð 119,291  ð 109,664 new cases and 2,291 ð 2,281 ð 2,219 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 4,142 ð 4,014 ð 4,020 newly reported cases with 147 ð 147 ð 136 newly reported deaths. Medellin has 261 ð NOT REPORTED ð 224 new cases from February 17th to 18th. Envigado has 9 ð NOT REPORTED ð 19 new cases from February 17th to 18th.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment