Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Monday, February 21, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10:15, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 4am, ate an apple, went back to bed at 4:30, woke up at 7:30, did my Kegel exercises and got up.

I noticed USAA now has my name spelled correctly as an account holder.

I set my Chess.com games to Holiday mode just before we left the apt at 11:30.

We confirmed our reservation, paid the bill in 2 debit card payments for some reason, and presented the payment receipt.

We were soon taken in back where I was asked a number of health questions. I was then asked to go to the restroom and wash my hands. A couple of other guys were there too. I washed my hands but to rinse them no water came out of the faucet. I poked my head out of the door and told a nurse there isn’t any water. She wiped the window thingy that automatically starts and stops the water and it worked again. I guess I accidentally got soap on it.

Dr. Gomez came in and asked a few questions and assured me everything was going to turn out okay.

I was walked to the surgical room and laid down. I noted it was 1:10pm as they put me to sleep.

I woke up in a small recovery area and I saw it was 5:20pm so my surgery lasted 4 hours. My first impressions were: cold feet, dry mouth and some stomach pressure.

I was soon taken to my private room where Teresa was waiting for me. I had brought warm socks with me and Teresa put them on me.

A nurse ran an IV line and hooked me up to bags of liquid of some type hanging from one of those stands.

Every two hours or so a nurse came in to change my medicine bag or take my blood pressure, temperature and oxygen level. The liquids seemed to alternate between antibiotics and saline solution. I refused pain killers because I wasn’t really in pain as long as I was just lying still on the bed. It felt like something was stretching my stomach area.

It was about time to go to sleep for the night but I hadn’t peed since before my surgery and I definitely felt I needed to go. We asked nurses several times to help me with that. In the meantime I had this large container between my legs just in case I did pee.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment