Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, woke up at 6:30, did my Kegel exercises and got up.

Teresa gave me a receipt and asked me to pick up a pair of glasses for Laura in Viva Enviado. I understand they will be part of the package we will Fed-Ex to her.

I left the apt at 7:30 and took a bus to Calle 7 in Poblado. Inside Cedimed I showed my doctor’s order for my blood tests. It all went quickly, no more than a 5-minute wait anywhere, and only cost me 145,900 pesos ($37). I was given a brochure where I can print the test results, or I can return tomorrow to pick them up in person.

I went across the street to Clinica Medellin and on the 3rd floor presented my doctor’s order for my electrocardiogram. This time less than a 5-minute wait and only cost me 63,700 ($16).

I made a withdrawal at their Servibanca ATM, which now charges a 18,200-peso ATM fee. (Luckily, USAA will refund the fee.)

I walked 5-6 blocks to Sweet Georgia Café 






where I had a waffle with scrambled eggs and coffee for 25mil ($6.50). I met a young man from Kansas City who was not happy with Medellin and couldn’t wait to leave (Thursday). (I do admit a moment of jealousy when he said he would be returning to BBQ and sweet tea.) I explained a few things and showed him alternative places to go for an American breakfast so he wouldn’t have to continue returning to this place every day.

He left and I ordered a Didi car. While waiting I had a conversation with a young Colombian who spoke near perfect English.

Juan, the Didi driver, dropped me off at Viva Envigado for 10mil. Inside the Exito side as I got halfway to the south end towards Baloto I could see it was blocked off with drywall. I went out the side entrance and continued south and the whole parking lot area is closed and under construction. I could see a huge crane attached to the large tower in the parking lot.

I walked across the street to Gana where I paid the epm bill. I tried to pay the Direct TV bill, but the lady said I have to do it at Baloto. (Later I checked an old bill, and it appears I can pay it in Exito.)

Inside the mall I went up to the 2nd floor to the row of 3 Davivienda ATMs. There was a young lady ahead of me and I waited to make sure she was able to get cash then withdrew 520mil with no problem.

At the other end of the floor I paid for our cellphone plans in Claro.

I walked down the hallway toward the metro where I found Opticala and picked up Laura’s glasses without any problem. Since I was so close to the metro entrance I stepped outside and could see major construction at the south side of the building.





Returning to the central part of the mall I saw this eyeglass advertisement.



I hope I will see something similar in the next few years for the Chicago Bears’ Justin Fields.

I returned to the apt by taxi. Teresa called me at 12:30, having lunch at La Casita Parilla. I explained I just finished my breakfast at 10:30 so I’m not hungry for lunch quite yet.

I left at 2:30 and had a Cesar salad at Ganso y Castor. I asked the waitress when their view would be improved and she said 8 months. Yikes!

I went across the street to Anthony’s Gelato where I had a slice of apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.

I returned to the apt by 4:30 and Teresa returned by 5:15.

I used my World Remit cellphone app to send myself 3,000,000 pesos. Now I should have enough to put 8 million pesos in my doctor’s account.

I figured out how to download my test results from their website, now all I have to do is print them.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 172,951 ð NO CHANGE? ð 141,412 new cases and 2,424 ð NO CHANGE? ð 2,3,29 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 5,532 ð 3,162 ð 3,731 new cases with 162 ð 186 ð 138 new deaths. Medellin has 346 ð 170 ð 261 new cases from February 14th to 15th. Envigado has 6 ð 6 ð 9 new cases from February 14th to 15th.

 

Poster of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment