Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Monday, February 14, 2022

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Last night I went to bed at 10:15pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, woke up at 6:30, did my Kegel exercises and got up.

I forgot to mention yesterday that Glenn informed me the construction in La Buena Mesa is they are putting up a permanent tent/trellis dining structure outside the restaurants. Great idea!

When I logged into my USAA account this morning, I received a notification they have started an investigation of my dispute with Davivienda and “while we investigate your claim, we deposited a provisional (temporary) credit of $512.78”.

Teresa made a call and I can get my blood test between 6-10am at Cedimed and my EKG is available all day at Clinica Medellin, 3rd floor. For the EKG I must fast 12 hours before.

Teresa is going to visit Angela for the day so I put out a feeler if anyone in the Chess Medellin group wants a game early this afternoon and I was notified there will be a meetup at 5:30 tonight at a gaming location near Los Molinos mall.

I left the apt and met Marcos at Maca at 10am. He’s going to take Juliana to Chiclayo for dinner tonight and he’s going to visit his grandkids in Arizona in March, returning in April.

I received an email that my Medellin TV service has been cut off. I guess I forgot to pay it.

I received a text from Nobraskja that they have a package and document for me for 45mil. I asked where they were because sometimes it’s more convenient for me to pick things up myself. She told me they’re at Carrera 43A #27A sur-86, local 105, M-F 9am-6pm. That’s a 5-minute walk from my apt; I told her I would see her in a few minutes.

I returned to the apt and paid my Medellin TV bill using Paypal. Rob quickly reinstated my monthly subscription.

I walked across Avenida Poblado to Central Ejecutivo La Casona where I found Envios Market in one of the first offices (smaller than the size of a garage). I paid the 45mil and walked back to the apt.

My envelope included my Charles Schwab debit card that my brother mailed on January 12th.

My package, that I thought/hoped would be my MagicJack, contained my night lights from Amazon that shipped on December 17th.

I put one of the night lights in the guest bathroom so we won’t have to turn on the light when either of us gets up in the middle of the night. Teresa liked the idea.

Teresa left at 2pm to meet her girlfriend Angela. After they have coffee together she will go to El Tesoro to exchange something at Zara. About 6pm she will call me and I’ll meet her there for dinner.

Teresa called at 5:15. I quickly caught a Didi car and arrived at El Tesoro for the cost of 10mil. The Koi are back!



I ran into Teresa outside Banco Caja Social so I went in to make a withdrawal but their ATM was out of order.

We were next to Cinemark so we checked it out. Marry Me (6.2) was playing at 6:20 in English with Spanish subtitles. We bought two tickets to their Premium theater for 49,600 ($13) – outrageous price I know. We went up to the 4th level where we ordered chicken wings with fries and a Coke for… I don’t remember how much but it nearly cleaned me out.

By the time the food was brought to our seats the movie had started and we were eating in the dark.

We both enjoyed the movie, even the music, even Robert Goulet. Lol.

Teresa mentioned she thinks my foot pain may be arthritis. Maybe, I’ll have to google the symptoms to have a better idea.

We quickly caught a taxi back to the apt. I now have only 28mil in cash but luckily I only need to take a bus tomorrow before I reach an ATM.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 176,238 ð 172,951 ð NO CHANGE? new cases and 2,410 ð 2,424 ð NO CHANGE? new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 6,572 ð 5,532 ð 3,162 new cases with 189 ð 162 ð 186 new deaths. Medellin has 266 ð 346 ð 170 new cases from February 13th to 14th. Envigado has 32 ð 6 ð 6 new cases from February 13th to 14th.

 

Poster of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment