Sunday, February 13, 2022

Saturday, February 12, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, woke up at 7am, did my Kegel exercises and got up.

I checked my USAA checking account, as I do most mornings, and I’m out of balance by $512.78 which exactly matches a Davivienda withdrawal it says I made yesterday. Yikes!

I discussed the problem with Teresa and since I’m going to be in Parque Envigado this morning anyway, she recommended I stop at the Davavienda bank a block from the park.

I plugged the speaker back in to my USB drive and an hour later the red light went out.

I left the apt and walked to Parque Envigado. Davivienda was closed and I couldn’t see any hours posted so I went on to Todo Drogas where I bought the medicines Laura requested plus eyedrops for what Teresa believes is conjunctivitis. (Later I saw I was charged in dollars which added a 3.5% commission.) At the copy center I had a copy made of my 3-shot vaccination card (300 pesos) and bought a small bag/container for some of my pens and pencils for 9mil. I withdrew the maximum of 300mil in Banco Caja Social. Back at Davivienda (at 10am) I found it still closed.

I took a taxi to Viva Envigado and was surprised the entrance to the south end parking lot was closed. We were directed inside the parking garage and I got out at the elevator, went up to the 1st floor and entered the mall from the garage. Upstairs on the 2nd floor Davivienda was closed and their sign said they are only open Monday thru Friday. Sigh!



While having coffee in Santa Leña I saw a young man walk by in a Chicago White Sox jersey. I couldn’t see the number (his backpack blocked it) but the name started with ‘T’ and ended with ‘N’. I returned to the apt via taxi.

With the help of my brother and google I connected the Vivitar speaker he gave me to iTunes on my laptop.

I left at 2pm and walked to La Buena Mesa where I had coffee in Parva.

Re: the construction. The workmen’s hut (probably for storing tools) has now been increased to about three times the size (using those pallets I saw before). The drywall now goes from one end of the side street to the other and around the corner as far as Los Porteños. I can see where they are starting to break up the curbs. Maybe the drywall is to protect the restaurants from dirt during some repairs?

I bought a bottle of Fab laundry detergent at our next door Exito and returned to the apt just before 5pm and the raindrops.

I watched more episodes of The Wire.

We ordered ribs from MU and they arrived in just 30 minutes.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 204,680 ð 184,907 ð 176,238 new cases and 2,592 ð 2,425 ð 2,410 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 8,269 ð 5,421 ð 6,572 new cases with 179 ð 181 ð 189 new deaths. Medellin has 531 ð 537 ð 266 new cases from February 11th to 12th. Envigado has 14 ð 18 ð 32 new cases from February 11th to 12th.

No comments:

Post a Comment