Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 3am, couldn’t fall back asleep so I got up at 3:30, did some work on my blog for an hour before returning to bed. I soon fell asleep, woke up at 8am, did my Kegel exercises and got up.

Remember I bought the “wrong” thicker nighttime pads? This morning I cut one in half (wasn’t easy due to its thickness) and put the smaller half it in my underwear. We’ll see if this experiment works or blows up in my face.

Laura left just before 9am for a massage and nail appointment.

I left the apt at 10am met Marcos outside the new (to us) Maca bakery (Carrera 48 #25B Sur-12).





With all this pinkness it should be named Barbie’s Bakery.

We each had a latte and shared a brownie for 16,500 pesos. He ran out of injections last Friday and is waiting to hear from his doctor if he will need to continue with his daily stomach injections.

I stopped at Mercado Madrid on my way back to the apt and bought a small package of eggs.

Teresa talked to Dr. Gómez’s secretary and my surgery is supposed to take 6 hours. I thought it would be 4 hours and the 6 hours on the form was including a 2-hour buffer. I guess I was wrong.

Teresa just informed me that Laura will have an endoscopia tomorrow at 11:40 in Clinica Medellin.

I had a 30-minute nap before lunch.

About 2:30 I gave up and put the larger side of my MP in my underwear.

I didn’t feel like walking so I took a Didi to Viva Envigado. For some reason they had the driveway up to the main entrance blocked off with those orange cones. I got out at the bus stop and walked up the ramp to the entrance.

Today I had no problem withdrawing 1,000,020 pesos from the Davivienda ATM. I went to the two consignacion machines where I had a short 5–10-minute wait to use one. I paid the mid-month bills and printed out the receipts.

I had coffee and a slice of carrot cake at Santa Leña for a couple hours.

In Auros I printed the attachments Dr. Gómez emailed me before returning to the apt by taxi.

Laura texted me that the ladies were in El Tesoro.

I did a little googling and found this on the internet:



I watched more episodes of Lost in Space on Netflix.

The ladies didn’t return until almost 9pm.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 534,782 ð 522,965 ð 469,931 new cases and 2,486 ð 2,526 ð 2,581 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 18,450 ð 16,119 ð 15,284 new cases with 272 ð 247 ð 221 new deaths. Medellin has 976 ð 1,090 ð 955 new cases from January 30th to 31st. Envigado has 45 ð 47 ð 108 new cases from January 30th to 31st.

 

T-shirt of the day

Eat Sleep Run Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment