Monday, February 14, 2022

Sunday, February 13, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, woke up at 6:30, did my Kegel exercises and got up.

I met Glenn with Bianca at the gas station at 8:15. We took a taxi to Calle 10 and got out at Carrera 37. We walked two short blocks to Velvet Café (Carrera 37 #8A-46). It was 8:40 and they said they would open at 9am. (Glenn talked to the owner the night before and was told they open at 8:30.) We walked across the street to Pergamino Café where we were told they open at 9am. We walked back across Calle 10 to D’Andre Gourmet at Carrera 37 #10-15. I ordered the French toast which came with eggs and sausage.



The sausage was morcilla (blood sausage) and I had a tiny taste and just left the rest. Had I known I would have switched to bacon.

I talked briefly with a couple guys at the next table visiting from Chicago.

We walked to Pergamino Cafe but all the outdoor tables were taken. Across the street we had coffee at Velvet Café.



They had some interesting posters inside that I'll share soon.

We left at 11am and returned by taxi to Envigado.

Teresa was going to meet up with Vicky today but she was still in the apt. (That got cancelled for some reason.)

I used my Talk360 app (still haven’t received my new MagicJack device) to speak to USAA for 16 minutes and it only cost 73 cents (I still have a balance of $25.53). I had three issues to discuss:

1)  Davivienda’s incorrect charge: The rep wrote it up as a contested transaction and informed me I do not need to go to Davivienda to contest it.

2)  Their Block/Unblock online feature: It works as I assumed.

3)  On their website my last name is misspelled under Account Holders: She couldn’t see the misspelling, so I asked her to write up a ticket for their information technology department.

I can see I already have a $512.08 credit in my USAA account.

I think it’s about time I started sending myself cash using World Remit or Remitly (or both).

I tried sending myself 4 million pesos using World Remit but on the last step where it charges my debit card I just got buffering.

I checked my profile and they had an old cellphone number. It took me about 2 hours chatting with someone named Meiraldin (India?) to get that fixed. I tried sending myself cash and again it just buffered during the payment process. I chatted again and she/he suggested I use their app. I downloaded it but couldn’t remember the password for my account (computer keeps if for me on my laptop). I had to request a change of password which required email confirmation. Then I made my request and had to go to my USAA app to confirm the payment request. Finally, the payment went through. Computers will be the death of me yet!

I finished watching season 1 of The Wire.

At 4:45 a thunderstorm came through and I had to shut down the television for a bit but it cleared in time for the game.

It was a good game that the Rams won 23-20 in the final two minutes. I finished the last of my salted-in-the-shell peanuts.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 184,907 ð 176,238 ð 172,951 new cases and 2,425 ð 2,410 ð 2,424 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 5,421 ð 6,572 ð 5,532 new cases with 181 ð 189 ð 162 new deaths. Medellin has 537 ð 266 ð 346 new cases from February 12th to 13th. Envigado has 18 ð 32 ð 6 new cases from February 12th to 13th.


Poster of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment