Friday, February 11, 2022

Thursday, February 10, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm (with a blanket again), fell asleep quickly, got up once at 3am, woke up at 6:45, did my Kegel exercises and got up.

Teresa is going to an exercise class this morning and afterward we will make a trip to Pricesmart.

Teresa left at 9am for the gym and I left two minutes later. I found Glenn having breakfast at Ganso y Castor. I played a few games of speed chess (won them all) while Glenn played pinocle online.

The street is almost completely enclosed by drywall, and they appear to be assembling a large tent. Block party?






When I returned to the porteria the portero handed me our epm utility bill.

Teresa called me at 11:45 and asked me to wait at the porteria for her to pick me up in a taxi. I grabbed our recyclable bags and headed right down but she didn‘t arrive for about 15 minutes. A taxi pulled up but I couldn’t see through the tinted windows. The back window went down but I didn’t recognize the woman in back. I finally noticed Teresa sitting next to her. I got in and we headed for Pricesmart.

I understand it was Gloria’s first time there, but I was happy she just went with the flow instead of eating up lots of time checking out areas we don’t usually venture near like clothing and housewares.

When we were ready to checkout the lines were incredibly long



so I suggested we have lunch first. I watched our stuff while the ladies ordered salads and drinks.

When we returned to the cashier area the lines were much shorter. We picked up the final things (refrigerated meat) and checked out. The total bill was 873,316 ($220) including 119mil ($30) to renew our two membership cards. Downstairs we had a 10-15 minute wait for a taxi.

It's interesting that now that I officially have a hernia Teresa won’t let me pick up heavy boxes or bags.

I was a little surprised when the driver didn’t take our usual route but went down Carrera 52D (Guayacan?) and dropped Gloria off at one spot. We were back at the apt by 2:30.

I saw the trailer for Jurassic Park Dominion that will be out this June; I can’t wait.

Teresa asked me if there are any good movies out. I checked Viva Envigado and Marry Me opens tonight. It’s only rated 6.4 but it stars Jennifer Lopez so that’s enough for Teresa. It starts at 9:10 and we agreed to take a Didi car at 8:30 and I can have popcorn.

Well, we never made it to the movies. About 8:15 Teresa told me she had an eyelash in her eye, or something like that. Another day she said. I told her not on the weekend. I’ve had too many experiences where the lines were too long or we couldn’t buy a ticket.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 253,800 ð 225,127 ð 204,680 new cases and 2,600 ð 2,550 ð 2,592 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 9,730 ð 8,785 ð 8,269 new cases with 205 ð 207 ð 179 new deaths. Medellin has 298 ð 539 ð 531 new cases from February 9th to 10th. Envigado has 14  ð 30 ð 14 new cases from February 9th to 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment