Monday, February 28, 2022

Sunday, February 27, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm without taking any sleep medication. I figured if I can nap without it maybe I can go to sleep without it. I gave up and got up, made a trip to the bathroom and returned to bed. I looked at my watch and it was 12:30, so did it work or didn’t it? I got up again at 3:30 and took my 6-hour pills. I got up again at 7:15 (Teresa was already up), made a trip to the bathroom, couldn’t fall back asleep, finally getting up at 8am.

Today is Glenn’s birthday, Happy Birthday Glenn!

Both of my chess opponents are on vacation, so I started another game with a German fellow. Btw, my rating has fallen from over 1600 to 1566.

Teresa left at 9:45 for a rumba class.

She returned at 1pm.

Most of the afternoon news is about “Ukraine under attack”. I found I can set my Translator app from Spanish to English and push the microphone button and it will translate what’s being said. That, along with reading the chyron gives me a good idea what’s going on.

I watched more episodes of Succession on MTV.

I decided to watch 60 Minutes tonight to see if they had coverage of the war in Ukraine. I tuned to Chicago CBS channel on MTV and watched the last 30 minutes of the news. (Did they really have to give the weather report 3 times?) At 7pm 60 Minutes came on but only the first 10 minutes or so was Ukraine war coverage. After that, I switched back to Colombian news for Teresa.

I’ve been able to avoid sneezing up until now but today I sneezed twice – ouch!

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 70,706 ð 67,725 ð 65,285 new cases and 1,903 ð 1,886 ð 1,855 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,158 ð 2,078 ð 1,908 newly reported cases with 80 ð 97 ð 95 newly reported deaths. I won’t be providing the new case statistics for Medellin and Envigado any longer.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment