Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Monday, February 28, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up at 2:30, again at 4am (it was raining lightly) and took my 6-hour pills, couldn’t fall back asleep, got up at 4:45 (raining harder) and watched some Ukraine news on CNN, returned to bed at 6am, fell asleep and got up at 9am.

Teresa was ready to leave but she took time to make me a quick breakfast. I called her a Didi and she left at 9:30 for Clinica Medellin Occidente to pick up my 410mil refund.

She called me a little over 30 minutes later but I was drying in the bathroom from my shower, again a few minutes later when I was struggling to put on a pair of socks. I finally answered one of her calls and she informed me I have to go in person to retrieve the money. It appeared she wanted me to get dressed and go there now. I said, “No, no, no, fuck them” and hung up. A few minutes later my phone seemed to be on a party line. I had a WhatsApp call in progress but couldn’t hang up or restart my phone.

She returned about 10:45 and I showed her the problem I was having with her phone. She couldn’t hear anything (it was very faint) until she spoke into her phone and could hear her own words with a 1-second delay. I restarted her phone and the call finally ended.

She informed me my appointment with Dr. Gomez is Thursday, March 10 at 8am so I guess I will have this drain and faja for another ten days.

A few minutes later she handed me her phone and asked why the volume was so faint. I turned up the volume using the button on the side and asked her, “how long have you had this phone?”.

I called a Didi car and Teresa left at noon for a 1:45 doctor’s appointment in Clinica Medellin, Calle 7 so I’m on my own for lunch. (She’s going to have lunch before her appt.)

For lunch I used Rappi to order chicken wings from Go Wings.

I watched more Ukraine war news on CNN.

For supper Teresa wanted a chicken burger from McDonald’s. I found my signature sandwich (w/o combo) near the end of a long list but couldn’t find her single chicken patty sandwich. We ended up ordering a 2-burger combo to share. When it came time to pay, the iFood app kept bouncing me back and forth between “choose your method to pay” and “cash” without anyway to proceed.

I even tried putting in my new credit card but still couldn’t get it to work.

I ended up using Rappi to order chicken wings from Rocket Wings.

From someone on Facebook:



Several times in the past few weeks I get this email from Microsoft:

“We received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account.

Your single-use code is XXXXXX.

If you didn’t request this code, you can safely ignore this email. Someone else might have typed your email address by mistake.”

Their “explanation” doesn’t make sense to me. Anyone else getting these emails or have an opinion?

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 67,725 ð 65,285 ð 72,706 new cases and 1,886 ð 1,855 ð 2,028 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,078 ð 1,908 ð 1,882 newly reported cases with 97 ð 95 ð 74 newly reported deaths. I won’t be providing the new case statistics for Medellin and Envigado any longer.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment