Sunday, March 27, 2022

Saturday, March 26, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, woke up at 6:30 and got up at 7am just as Teresa was about to leave for the gym.

I texted Glenn that I should be at Ganso y Castor around the same time, 9/9:15.

I left the apt at 8:50 and found Glenn already there at an outside table. We soon realized that we couldn’t hear each other due to the jackhammers so we moved inside which cut down the noise by about 50%.

I found this posted on the construction wall.



We left about 10am and I moved to Parva where I bought a café con leche for 4mil. I had just taken a seat when Teresa arrived.

She informed me the apartments across the street rent for 2,500,000 pesos and sell for 750,000,000 pesos. (Is 300 times, sales vs rent, normal? I have no idea.)  If I paid that much rent there would be a lot less savings for future vacations but that may change when we sell the finca and buy an apt to rent out.

She said she has to go to Santafe mall to exchange some pants so I will be on my own for lunch.

She left and I studied chess tactics for an hour before returning to the apt.

Laura sent me 587,897 pesos which I can pick up at Exito Viva Envigado. Probably do that on Monday.

Only 76 degrees at noon; I love it (as long as it doesn’t rain while I’m out).

It looked like I finally had the opportunity to get a cheesesteak at Philly’s Cheesesteak in Poblado. I requested a Didi car but after 20 minutes they cancelled my request and tried to find another one so I cancelled them.

I ordered chicken wings and fries from Rocket Wings but I think I made a mistake and ordered an additional order of fries.

More from Michael:

 




Teresa returned at 3:30 and brought me a donut from Dunkin Donuts. I’ll have it later with a glass of milk.

Teresa suggested we go on a trip to Cancun or Dominican Republic. Great idea, I’d love to see Punta Cana again, but let’s wait until I’m healed.

I watched my all-time favorite movie, The Shawshank Redemption, for the umpteenth time. Years ago, I even read Stephen King’s short story of the same name.

On the third try I was finally presented with episode 5 of Hanna.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 30,259 ð 30,387 ð 30,174 new cases and 919 ð 830 ð 795 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 293 ð 351 ð 348 newly reported cases with 19 ð 23 ð 14 newly reported deaths.

 

Reimagined icons for companies that have left Russia



No comments:

Post a Comment