Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10:15, got up at 3am (it was raining lightly), again at 4:30 (no rain) to take my 6-hour pills, took a while to fall back asleep and got up at 6:30am.

I have a 3pm appointment with Dr. Castano and before that I have to pick up my refund from Clinica Medellin so we’ll see how that goes.

The morning news reported that Ave Poblado will be closed for 8 months in order to work on the new Metroplus. Yikes!

I brought up the subject with Teresa of who is going to pay the rent this month and she said I have until the 4th of the month to pay. So that gives me until this Friday.

Chess.com paired me with a Russian opponent and I sent him the chat message, “I don’t play with Russians who invade Ukraine”. And just to make sure he understood, I used google to also translate it into Russian.

I was going to wear my special shorts/pants that I wore to Cartagena but Teresa suggested I wear my warm up suit. I certainly didn’t want to wear a belt.

We left the apt at 11:15 and took a Didi to Clinica Medellin, Occidente. (When I entered the clinic a week ago men were working on an ATM in the lobby. When I left the next day, they were still working on it. Today they were still working on it.) Teresa asked the driver if he could wait 5 minutes, but someone quickly commandeered his car. Inside I signed a form and was given a check for 410mil. Outside we caught a taxi to El Tesoro. Teresa checked out Zara while I made a trip to the restroom, withdrew some cash from an ATM then waited outside on a comfortable sofa.

We had a nice lunch at Natto Bowls.




We arrived early for my 3pm appointment with Dr. Castano. Someone else in the waiting room had a 2:30 appointment but we were invited inside first about 3:20.

I gave the doctor my PSA results, <0.01, and he said I’m still cancer free. We will continue the PSA tests every 3 months for the first 2 years after my surgery then we will change to every 6 months.

He asked me about my MPs and I reported they are basically dry every morning but I still change them as I would change my underwear. He asked me to pull down my pants and cough. I didn’t leak and he proclaimed I should be urinary incontinence free by the 1st anniversary of my surgery – June 28th.

He gave me an appointment for July 7th at 2pm. I will have another PSA test just before that to share the results with the doctor.

Teresa did a little more shopping then wanted to stop in Crepes & Waffles for ice cream but there was a line. She thought there was another location on the 2nd floor so we went up there but no.

We quickly caught a taxi but the driver drove straight down to Ave Poblado in Poblado and of course we were in heavy traffic. We returned to the apt by 5pm. I’m a little sore in my midsection.

Since I missed my 2pm 6-hour pill taking time I took them at 5pm and would take the next round at 10pm.

Once I sneezed and that really hurt.

The State of the Union address is at 9pm tonight if I can steal the TV from Teresa for an evening.

I emailed Chess.com suggesting they suspend all Russian accounts. If not, then please don’t match me with any Russians.

I watched the State of the Union address but missed the commentary afterward as I had to get ready for bed.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 65,285 ð 72,706 ð 61,118 new cases and 1,855 ð 2,028 ð 1,915 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,908 ð 1,882 ð 1,218 newly reported cases with 95 ð 74 ð 87 newly reported deaths. I won’t be providing the new case statistics for Medellin and Envigado.

 

Funny pix of the day



2 comments:

  1. What makes you think your "Russian opponent" is invading Ukraine? There are lots of Russians who are opposed to the invasion and some are protesting and getting arrested. Your comment seems ignorant without having addition information on the opponent other than the fact they are Russian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with not playing - not all Russians have fault BUT Ukraine wants it's freedom - innocent children KILLED !!!

      Delete