Saturday, March 5, 2022

Friday, March 4, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up at 1am, again at 3am, couldn’t fall back asleep, got up at 3:30 and watched CNN until 4am, went back to bed (now raining), finally getting up at 7:30.

The amount of blood in the drain container has gone down dramatically the past few days but my underwear is always stained from the wound where the tube leaves my body.

Teresa made me breakfast then she’s going to the gym and the finca so I will be on my own for lunch.

I had a constipation problem and it took an hour for that to clear.

I left the apt at 10:30 and took a Didi to Viva Envigado. I inquired at Exito’s customer service desk about my notebook but they didn’t have it. (It’s also possible I left it in the taxi. Maybe the driver will return it next time he’s in the neighborhood, so I’ll wait until next week before I recreate it.) I ran into Martha, Wilson’s gf, at the entrance to the mall. I understood she had a drain for two weeks during her bout with cancer.

I recycled a few plastic bottles then withdrew enough cash from the Davivienda ATM to pay the bills. In Banco Av Villas there was no wait to pay for the apt. In Bancolombia I had a 50-minute wait to cash the 410mil check which I used to pay for the gym and my health insurance.

Downstairs I had coffee in Todo Fresa. For lunch I was trying to decide between going to Philly Cheesesteak or just buy some apples in Exito. Teresa called me about 1:30 and asked me to pick up chicken from Frisby. I ordered a whole chicken (minus arepas and French fries) and an individual cole slaw. When I picked it up I was glad to see they hadn’t sealed the top because I gave them back their plastic gloves, plasticware, and 6 packages of honey.

Outside the mall I was dismayed to see it was raining and there was a line for taxis. About ten minutes later when it was my turn, I was happy to see the rain had stopped.

Back at the apt Teresa informed me the renters are giving up the finca so it will be available for rent again.

I understood it would take a few days for Charles Schwab to do a test deposit into my USAA account but now it’s been 3 weeks. Probably time to contact USAA and find out what’s going on.

My feet are beginning to feel sore again.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 58,132 ð 55,034  ð 49,913 new cases and 1,818 ð 1,672  ð 1,541 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,222 ð 1,051  ð 1,351 newly reported cases with 45 ð 40  ð 45 newly reported deaths. I won’t be providing the new case statistics for Medellin and Envigado.

 



Funny pix of the day




No comments:

Post a Comment