Friday, March 18, 2022

Thursday, March 17, 2022

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up at 11:30, 1am, 3:30 and again at 5:30, finally getting up at 7:30. (I have to remember to have my tea in the afternoon not the evening.)

I soon found out today is also Esmeralda’s birthday.

I didn’t trust it at first but I got hot water for my shower and it didn’t appear to go off.

I left the apt at 9:30 and took a Didi to Viva Envigado. I was a little early for the stores opening so I went up to the 2nd floor and walked down the hallway towards the metro. Just outside the mall towards the metro the walkway is tarped off on both sides making it difficult to see the construction area. Back inside I found a spot where I could see some of the construction.




The escalator that used to be in the corner is now drywalled off so I imagine it won’t be part of the new store.

In Decathalon I quickly found the convertible pants/shorts I have but they were all size L-XL. (I had checked my existing pair but couldn’t find a size anywhere.) Btw, I don’t think I’m size 34” anymore but it’s hard to tell if the swelling in my abdomen will ever go down. Also, I haven’t worn a belt since my surgery so I’m not sure where my belt line is anymore, probably the site of my incision.

I had a latte in Santa Leña for about an hour.

Downstairs I made my last attempt at finding my lost binder when I asked at the information desk if they had found one. The lady asked me when I lost it and I told her “2 weeks ago”. She went through about 4 legal size pages but didn’t find it.

I bought more gauze and tape in CaFam pharmacy. I bought MPs, a mop head, coffee, and a bag of milk in Exito. (I noticed for the first time the MPs are made in Slovakia, just west of Ukraine.)

I returned to the apt by taxi.

Teresa returned with a mop head of her own. 😊

We tried to take a nap after lunch but were thwarted by the leaf blowers across the street.

Michael texted the following:

https://snyder.substack.com/p/helping-the-ukrainian-armed-forces?token=eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjozMTk5NzU5OCwiXyI6IkxDSWFRIiwiaWF0IjoxNjQ3NTI5OTM1LCJleHAiOjE2NDc1MzM1MzUsImlzcyI6InB1Yi0zMTA4OTciLCJzdWIiOiJwb3N0LXJlYWN0aW9uIn0.PIo1OEUT-ELIh3BIhaUWMZJyjW61dlXxuOCKX2wIq7k&s=r

I started watching the series Taboo (8.4) on Netflix.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 32,094 ð 31,152 ð 30,550 new cases and 1,226 ð 1,267 ð 1,224 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 573 ð 626 ð 744 newly reported cases with 20 ð 26 ð 25 newly reported deaths.

 

Funny pix of the day



1 comment:

  1. hope you like colombia, here we have amazing theme parks, cities, beaches and kind people
    https://parquedelcafetour.co/

    ReplyDelete