Monday, March 21, 2022

Sunday, March 20, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up at 3am, couldn’t fall back asleep so I got up at 4am, did some computer work before returning to bed at 5am. It took some time to fall back asleep and I woke up at 7am and got up at 7:15. I’m expecting a nap in my near future.

At 8:15 I started the process of ordering a Didi car. Angel, my driver, spoke English and we had a nice conversation. I arrived at Café Velvet early at 8:30. Glenn arrived on time at 8:45. I ordered the waffle with strawberries and bananas. This time the bananas were charged 3,900 as avocado; last time it was 2,000 pesos as maple syrup. This time I got honey for my waffles but no maple syrup. I requested my latte at 84 degrees, but it was the usual temperature. I’m ready to give up on this place and Glenn was not happy with now they billed everything.

Didi has express and economy cars (the latter about 1mil cheaper). This time I tried the economy car and the only difference I could see is that the backseat had less space if there were additional passengers. In the future I’ll probably order the economy when I’m alone and the express when I’m with Teresa.

I was back at the apt by 11am.

Today I have soreness behind my left knee. I googled quadriceps but they are behind the thigh, so I don’t know what’s going on except the continued slow deterioration of my body.

I had a 60–90-minute nap after lunch.

I used Paypal to donate $100 to United Help Ukraine.

Teresa left at 3:30 to meet with a friend.

It was just after 5pm that I noticed it was raining.

My correspondence chess rating is 1571.

I watched Stillwater (6.6) then finished Lone Star (7.4) on MTV.

Teresa returned at 6:30.

We had a little more rain just before 7:30.

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 29,650 ð 29,715 ð 29,905 new cases and 1,167 ð 1,127 ð 1,102 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 665 ð 693 ð 542 newly reported cases with 29 ð 19 ð 18 newly reported deaths.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment