Friday, March 11, 2022

Thursday, March 10, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 9:30pm, got up at 2:30, couldn’t fall back asleep so I got up at 3:15 and wrote to my blog and put on CNN. I returned to bed at 4am and catnapped until getting up at 6:30.

I took a Didi car to Torre Medica #2 in El Tesoro for 11,332 pesos. I arrived at the doctor’s office right at 8am. After a 10-minute wait I was invited into Dr. Gomez’ office. He surprised me by not wearing a mask and offered to shake hands. (It’s been 2 years.) He inspected the surgery site and mentioned that my hernia was huge. (Okay, “huge” was my word, he actually said “big”.) He sprayed something on my stomach (topical anesthetic?) then painlessly removed the drain and noted there was no infection. I am to keep the bandage on the drain site for another week.

He wants me to continue to wear my faja for another month, although I can take it off at night. He asked me what “faja” is in English and I told him I’m not sure but “corset” or “girdle” probably come closest. (I just googled it and also came up with “belt” and “cummerbund”.) My next appointment will be in a month.

I asked for a recommendation for a Rheumatologist as I believe I will be dealing with rheumatoid arthritis soon. He said his secretary will take care of that.

I asked about constipation and he recommended I have a cup of Te Badia every day.

I am not to do any exercising for the next 6 months, although I can do a little stretching when I feel up to it.

I can continue taking Omega-3 daily and aspirin when I need it. I asked about my constipation, and he wrote down the name of a tea that I can drink, hot or cold, daily to relieve it.

I told the doctor the joke about the wife with bad hearing.

There was no charge for my visit (eliminating my need to visit an ATM and return with cash) and the secretary informed me she would Whatsapp me the info.

I got off the elevator on the 2nd floor (1st floor of the mall) and shuffled off to Todo Fresa where I had an 80C coffee with an almond croissant.

I made a trip to Banco de Bogota where I made a nice withdrawal to replenish our home stores of cash.

At the taxi stand there was no wait for a taxi back to the apt for 14,300 pesos.

I had a nap after lunch. It took me almost an hour to fall asleep, but I slept for an hour.

More CNN during the day.

Teresa informed me she will be going with a gf tomorrow to support her as she gets an endoscopy at 11:30.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 39,703 ð 39,703 ð 36,537 new cases and 1,414 ð 1,414 ð 1,291 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 760 ð 739 ð 719 newly reported cases with 34 ð 35 ð 31 newly reported deaths.

 

Funny pix of the day





No comments:

Post a Comment