Thursday, March 31, 2022

Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up several times (yes, it was raining), the last of which I took an Advil, finally waking/getting up at 6:30. I was bathed in sweat, the sheets were wet, but I felt better so hopefully I got that out of my system. I hit the shower right away.

My right thigh is still sore but better than yesterday.

Teresa left at 8am.

Teresa gave me a list of instructions to access some of her test results. I tried with the Edge browser and it translated the website to English. Normally that’s good but then it doesn’t exactly match the instructions. When I couldn’t make headway, I switched to chrome. This one let me switch back to Spanish. Still, I couldn’t make progress.

I left at 8:30 and was finishing a croissant with scrambled eggs at Los Porteños when Glenn arrived. He had an early vet appointment for Bianca. We discussed a vacation in Dominican Republic including renewing my passport and hurricane season.

I left at 10am and returned to the apt. Walking is a little easier today.

Workers were in the process of repainting the outside of the next door Exito from yellow to gray. Inside it looks like most of the product is gone and some of the shelving.

Teresa returned from the gym at 11am.

I just stumbled on this fact: Did you know journalist Bob Woodward was born in Geneva, Illinois? (That’s 3 small towns away from where I was born.)

At 1pm I heard thunder even though it was sunny. TWC says, “Thunderstorms likely to continue for the next several hours”.

Teresa was on the phone with some doctor, I believe, when she asked me about the test results. I told her I need her help. When she got off the phone, I showed her the website and asked her how to continue but soon we got some type of error. She said, “we’ll try again later”.

My incision site is starting to feel more normal.

A Colombian “band” of drums and trombone spent about 20 minutes loudly “serenading” us. I thought they would never leave.

We had a little rain in the afternoon.

More from Michael:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/03/29/last-train-out-of-russia-00021263?fbclid=IwAR12qB8E3qokRB3wiFd4IXYBT77296CRPI1HdZt0qVf0dpeZBfzzdD5xIXQ

I watched another episode of Hanna.

A lot of guys play chess at various cafes in Medellin on Saturdays; I’m hoping I will feel well enough Saturday, April 9th to venture out for a game.

 

It was about 9:15 that I realized we have no running water. Teresa found a partial bottle of water that was at least enough to use to take our pills.

The water was back as we went to bed at 10:15.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 29,157 ð 29,253 ð 27,621 new cases and 753 ð 716 ð 701 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 296 ð 301 ð 311 newly reported cases with 12 ð 10 ð 12 newly reported deaths.

 

Reimagined icons for companies that have left Russia






No comments:

Post a Comment