Monday, March 7, 2022

Sunday, March 6, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, woke up at 3am (maybe my body thought it was time to get up and take some pills), I woke up at 5:30, that makes 7 ½ hours of sleep so I got up.

It’s obvious it rained overnight.

Very little blood in my drain container. Interestingly, a couple days ago I noticed what looked like a piece of stamp-sized tissue inside, today I noticed 2 string looking pieces inside.

I took a Didi to Velvet Café (Carrera 37 #8A-46) in Poblado arriving at 9am. (There were a few raindrops on the way.) Glenn was already there eating a waffle with strawberries and bananas. The waiter spoke good English and I ordered the same along with a latte. Glenn and I discussed with the waiter how to get hotter coffee. Regarding my latte he said the temperature is 60-70 Celsius. I asked for it to be hotter and he said he could but they wouldn’t be able to create the “cute” leaf that is usually present on the top. I said not to worry and he brought my next cup and reported it was 84 Celsius. Perfect! I could still see the “leaf” although it wasn’t as distinct as usual.

When the check came it had 3 2,000-peso charges for maple syrup which we didn’t receive. I brought this up to the waiter and I learned the waffle comes with strawberries, but Glenn asked to include bananas. Since they didn’t have an item in their register for bananas they chose the cheapest item they had which was maple syrup. (That was definitely acceptable especially since they didn’t charge me for one of my lattes.)

When it was time to leave, I had noticed that no taxis had come by so Glenn and I agreed to leave separately. (I certainly didn’t want to walk any distance in search of a taxi.) I ordered a Didi and it was only a 3-minute wait. Because of Ciclovia we had to go further to the bridge to make the U-turn but he missed it, but it was only another 100’ to the traffic circle.

More rain in the afternoon.

Teresa returned at 12:45 from the gym and having coffee with a gf.

1pm and it’s only 68 degrees and rainy. It feels very cold. I put on my warm socks and pajamas. Here, there are no furnaces so besides putting on more clothes you just close all the windows.

I watched the documentary Winter on Fire: Ukraine’s Fight for Freedom (8.3) on Netflix. Everyone should watch this; it demonstrates the lengths Ukrainians will go for their freedom.

Remember the other day when the Chess.com rep said, Slava Ukraini!“? After watching the first segment of 60 Minutes tonight I learned it’s Ukrainian for “Glory to Ukraine”.

I watched a couple more episodes of Succession but I’m getting tired of it.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 49,913 ð 48,668 ð 48,335 new cases and 1,541 ð 1,504 ð 1,506 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,351 ð 1,191 ð 1,088 newly reported cases with 45 ð 63 ð 34 newly reported deaths.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment