Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Monday, March 14, 2022

Today is Pi Day! (I had my pie yesterday.)

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up at 11, 2:45 and again at 5:45am.  I finally got up for good at 7:45. I was finally able to lie on my left side without much discomfort.

2nd morning in a row with absolutely NO hot water during my shower. Yikes!

Teresa called a local grocery and had 3 bags of milk delivered.

I left the apt at 9:30 and took a Didi to Viva Envigado for 5,140 pesos. I paid the epm (utility) bill and Direct TV at Baloto. I knew I couldn’t pay the finca tax there but luckily I asked and was directed to the nearby Exito payment center where there was no line and I quickly paid for it. That saved me about an hour in Bancolombia.

There was a 15-minute wait in Auros to reprint the chess notes I lost, print medical results for Teresa and also scan my 2021 1099s to my USB drive.

I bought a small roll of medical tape in the CaFam pharmacy for 6mil.

In the mall I recycled 3 plastic bottles, paid the cellphone bills in Claro, and bought a new ½” binder in Dollar City. At the Davivienda ATM I withdrew 2,000,000 pesos that I will keep in order to pay next month’s first-of-the-month bills.

Now the only bill remaining for this month is the Tigo/Une wifi bill.

I had coffee for about half an hour in Todo Fresa before returning to the apt by taxi.

Because of my surgery recovery I’m walking like an old man, oh wait…

Teresa informed me she has new renters for the finca. Yay!

Using the medical tape I bought, I had Teresa put some gauze on the bottom part of my drain wound; hopefully that will keep it from leaking on my clothes.

We went for a nap about 2pm but at 2:30 a thunderstorm came through including hail for the first five minutes.

I emailed my 1099s to my tax accountant, Vickie, in Virginia.

Teresa left at 6pm to meet a gf for dinner somewhere in la Buena mesa. (I told her my Weather Channel app reported rain until 10pm.) I changed the D-batteries in the on-demand water heater. I hope that improves things.

I watched Nymphomaniac Vol. 1 (6.9) on Netflix.

We had a light drizzle on and off throughout the evening.

Teresa returned at 9pm with a chicken pastry for me.

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 34,992 ð 34,397 ð 33,310 new cases and 1,285 ð 1,276 ð 1,170 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 677 ð 436 ð 469 newly reported cases with 29 ð 14 ð 18 newly reported deaths.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment