Thursday, February 24, 2022

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Last night I tied a plastic bag around my blood drain container and went to bed at 10pm. I found a position pretty close to my usual right-side position with the drain behind me on the bed.

I got up at 1:30 (it was a bit of a struggle), made a trip to the bathroom but peed on the back of my underwear as I was taking them off. I changed into another pair that I had already prepared with a pad inside and returned to bed.

I got up again at 5:45 and made a trip to the bathroom. This time I managed to keep myself and my clothes dry. The blood drain container felt heavier so I didn’t want it to lie on the bed and possibly leak so this time it stayed on the floor and I slept on my left-side. I woke up at 8am, got up and gave myself a sponge bath using a washcloth in the sink. Washing my hair was a little trickier so I did that in the shower trying to keep the rest of me dry.

Teresa had milk delivered and I had my typical breakfast of scrambled eggs, toast, and coffee. I’m back to my usual vitamins and supplements except today I skipped the Omega-3 because I didn’t want to take the chance of upsetting my stomach.

Teresa left at 11am for a doctor’s appointment. After she’s going to shop for a faja for me. What is a faja? I would explain it as like a corset or girdle. The doctor wants me to wear it to compress my surgery site.

For lunch I used Rappi to order chicken from Frisby.

My brother called and we chatted for a while.

I watched Reservoir Dogs (8.3) on MTV, not for the first time.

For the past few days I’ve had a funny coughing feeling I’ve been able to suppress so as not to experience the resultant stomach pain but I finally spit up a large amount of phlegm that must have been in my throat.

After Teresa returned we took a nap for about an hour.

We had a brief shower in the afternoon.

In the afternoon I had my first BM since my surgery and I plugged up the toilet. Teresa had to pour about 30 buckets of water in the toilet to clear it.

Laura received her DHL package.

I watched The Station Agent (7.6) on MTV.

For supper I used Rappi to order chicken wings from Rocket Wings.

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 107,065 ð 86,553  ð 78,443 new cases and 2,218 ð 1,939  ð 1,899 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,910 ð 2,174  ð 2,174 newly reported cases with 110 ð 80  ð 79 newly reported deaths. Medellin has 139 ð 97  ð 67 new cases from February 22nd to 23rd. Envigado has 7 ð 5  ð 0 new cases from February 22nd to 23rd.

 

Funny pix of the day

 


1 comment:

  1. Terry, I am relieved you are not telling us you are in much pain. Hope you continue to progress rapidly.
    John (Jack) Williams

    ReplyDelete