Monday, February 21, 2022

Sunday, February 20, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10:15, fell asleep quickly despite the partying I could hear across the street, got up once during the night, woke up at 6:30, did my Kegel exercises and got up.

Teresa said she got in at 11:30 last night and wanted to sleep in so I should have breakfast without her. (I think I forgot to mention she wanted to join Glenn and I at Hija Mia Nomada for breakfast. The plan now is to have lunch at home then we’ll go to El Tesoro so she can exchange some clothes in Zara.) I texted Glenn but he saw the message too late to meet at the gas station so we’re going to meet at the restaurant at 8:30.

I took a Didi car and arrived at Hija Mia by 8:30. Besides 2 lattes I had the Acai bowl. Glenn ordered a bagel and scrambled eggs but forgot to ask for them separate and it arrived as a sandwich. A lady at a nearby table had a border collie and I did a little googling about that breed and learned how challenging it can be to keep them exercised and entertained. The check was a little over 80mil; I think I recall the total used to be closer to 60mil so I guess this is an indication of inflation here.

When we left we walked to the other side of the block but La Pequena Grand Libreria wasn’t open. On our way to Calle 10A Glenn missed a step and took a fall but didn’t appear to be injured.

We took a taxi back to Envigado. I told Glenn I would love to meet him Wednesday for breakfast but next Sunday would be more feasible.

I guess Teresa talked to her friend Vicky who told her all the clothes in Zara are ugly so there’s no hurry to get to El Tesoro.

Teresa wanted to order some medicine for an itch she has on her eyelashes, but I guess it was too inexpensive to have delivered so she added a large box of MPs to the order. When they arrived I gave the muchacho 45mil for a 44,100 order. I didn’t realize until later that there was no delivery charge added or I would have tipped him more.

I heard from Michael again after I asked if he got his son out of Kyiv, “I did. We flew out this morning to Dubai. Will hang here for a few days to see how things unfold. I still think Putin will pull back within 48 hours, but who knows. The guy is clearly out of his mind. Thanks.”

I finished season 2 of The Wire.

For supper Teresa suggested we go for pizza and I agreed. A few minutes later she decided she had too much work to do in the apt so she wanted me to go for pizza and bring her back a slice. Uh-no thanks. We finally ended up ordering chicken wings delivered from Rocket Wings.

Since I can’t have anything to eat after 5am I told Teresa if I get up during the night (usually around 3am) I would have a little cereal to help tide me over until my next meal. She suggested I have an apple or two instead.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 109,664 ð 108,240  ð 107,065 new cases and 2,219 ð 2,227  ð 2,218 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 4,020 ð 4,498  ð 3,381 newly reported cases with 136 ð 127  ð 110 newly reported deaths. Medellin has 224 ð 165  ð 139 new cases from February 19th to 20th. Envigado has 19 ð 6  ð 7 new cases from February 19th to 20th.

 

Fun pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment