Friday, February 4, 2022

Thursday, February 3, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up three times during the night, woke up at 8am, did my Kegel exercises and got up.

I understand Laura returns to the US Sunday at 3:45pm.

Today my mission is to buy a black case for my cellphone. I will first try Viva Envigado and if I am successful there I can then go for coffee. If not, then I will head to Monterrey mall where I am sure I will find one.

I left the apt at 9:45 and walked to the mall.

On the way I came across this advertisement at a bus stop:



That's the new building across from Otra Parte.

Teresa asked me to pick up Clinique’s Take the Day Off at Medipiel outside Exito. On my way, I noticed a cellphone accessories store where I bought a case for 20mil. I bought the Clinique in Medipiel for 171mil. I recycled a vitamin bottle on the 3rd floor. I stopped at Linea Estetica and bought some other cream for Teresa for 100,500 pesos. I was done with my errands for the day so I had coffee at Santa Leña. I stopped in Exito and bought a large package of eggs before returning to the apt by taxi.

My iPod worked fine today. Maybe it didn’t sync completely last time I recharged it.

I signed up for a 2-day free trial, then agreed to pay $3.49 per month to use the Photo Translator app on my phone.

Laura left at 1:45 and used my app to take a Didi to CC Metrosur. I guess she’s having lunch at Wilson’s bar.

I left the apt at 3pm and walked to Parva. (All the outside tents in the street are gone. I’m guessing they will open up the two intersecting streets soon.)

I had coffee while reading my New in Chess magazine. The skies got a little dark so I checked my Weather Channel app and it said a small chance of showers until 6:30pm. I left and felt a few rain drops as I rounded the corner to our apt. By the time I got inside it was pouring. Thank you again Weather Channel.

On second thought it isn’t my ankles that are sore, but the upper portion of my feet.

I updated my address for my Chess Life magazines from my Florida address to my Colombia address. We’ll see how that works.

I gave up on the Lost in Space series. There are a number of series that I’m waiting to finish so I can binge watch them, lik Ozark, Succession, 1883, Yellowstone.

In the meantime, I’ve got a list of movies to check out.

I ordered a Didi for Laura and she left at 9:30. The app allowed me to track her to a place called DanceFree in Poblado.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 469,931 ð 387,818 ð 356,849 new cases and 2,581 ð 2,630 ð 2,622 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 15,284 ð 15,110 ð 13,568 new cases with 221 ð 230 ð 262 new deaths. Medellin has 955 ð 752 ð 630 new cases from February 2nd to 3rd.  Envigado has 108 ð 37 ð 46 new cases from February 2nd to 3rd.

 

Thought for the day

When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.

No comments:

Post a Comment