Thursday, February 3, 2022

Wednesday, February 2, 2022

 



It’s Groundhog Day! (I understand he saw his shadow so it will be 6 more weeks of winter. Sorry, guys!)

Last night I went to bed at 10:15, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 2am, cat napped from there, woke up at 7am, did my Kegel exercises and got up.

I left the apt at 8:45 and walked to Los Porteños.

Their tent is down (view from one of their outside tables)



and all the outside tables and chairs for the other restaurants are gone. 

Glenn arrived at 9:25. I asked him where I could buy a case for my new cellphone and he mentioned places in Sao Paolo Plaza and outside Euro.

I received an email from Nobraskja that I have 2 packages, she gave me their tracking numbers and asked me for their value and their contents.

I left about 10:45 and returned to the apt.

My iPod seems to be dying. It plays one song and then stops and it seems to be one of the same 3-4 songs.

I left again at 1:15 and met Glenn at Olivia’s in La Buena Mesa. We agreed to split a pizza but we had some questions for our non-English speaking waitress. Do they have Italian sausage? No, but they have Italian salchichas (hot dogs). Would a medium pizza be a good size for the two of us? She recommended 6 slices. I wanted an iced tea but didn’t see it on the menu so I asked for a regular Coke but they only had the local Postobon varieties so I ordered a Ginger Ale. (Even though that’s how it’s listed on their menu she replied Canada Dry.) We ordered the 6-slice pizza, half pepperoni (for Glenn) and half Italian salchica. She repeated It back as Italian chorizo. Sigh!

The pizza when it arrived seemed slightly undercooked and appeared to be only a small (14”) pizza cut into 6 slices. And the “Italian sausage” was sliced and looked almost the same as the pepperoni.

After, Glenn said he was just returning to his apt so I went with him and he walked me a little further to the Euro supermarket. Outside at a cellphone accessories store I requested a case for my cellphone but I didn’t like the choice of colors. I had her put the screen (that came with the battery case) on the front. She didn’t want to charge me for that but I tipped her 2mil.

I went across the street to Sao Paolo Plaza but couldn’t find a cellphone accessory store so I just returned by bus. (Btw, the bus fare has increased from 2,400 pesos to 2,555 pesos.)

I returned to the apt and Teresa and Laura returned 1 minute later.

I watched more episodes of Lost in Space. I’m not sure I’m going to continue with this, it just doesn’t grab me.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 522,965 ð 469,931 ð 387,818 new cases and 2,526 ð 2,581 ð 2,630 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 16,119 ð 15,284 ð 15,110 new cases with 247 ð 221 ð 230 new deaths. Medellin has 1,090 ð 955 ð 752 new cases from February 1st to 2nd. Envigado has 47 ð 108 ð 37 new cases from February 1st to 2nd.

 

T-shirt of the day

You look fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment