Friday, October 20, 2023

Friday, October 13, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 5am, did my Kegel exercises, must have fallen asleep because next thing I know it’s 6:30. As Teresa was leaving, she said if she doesn’t get back in time to make me breakfast, we’ll meet at Los Porteños at 8am.

I asked Teresa if Colombians consider Friday the 13th to be unlucky and she said, “yes”.

I’ve tried multiple times to send a video to my laptop and each time it just disappears into cyberspace.

I see we’re having an annular solar eclipse here tomorrow from 11:12am – 3:35pm.



I left the apt at 7:45 and had a latte in Los Porteños while waiting for Teresa who arrived about 8:15. She had a latte with her croissant ham sandwich and I had a croissant with scrambled eggs and another latte for a total of 72,220 pesos ($17).

We returned to the apt, I changed into my gym clothes and walked to Smartfit. Fewer people than usual, probably because this is a holiday weekend. I completed my usual workout although this week I was able to increase my treadmill duration from 2 minutes to 2 ½ minutes.

Teresa was still at the apt when I returned. She is going to get her nails done then go to Clinica Medellin to pick up her breast test results. I will probably meet her there for lunch.

Teresa left at 11am as I was getting into the shower. New plan: if her friend wants to meet with her then after they’ll go to Santafe mall. If not then I’ll meet her at the clinic for lunch. Nails tomorrow.

I left the apt at 1:15 and took a Didi to Santafe mall. As I entered Teresa called and asked where I am. She said she was hungry and I joined her in J&C Delicias in less than a minute. I had their penne pasta and she the salmon and we both had juices for a total of 107,074 ($25).

She bought a couple things in Medipiel.

We wanted to go for coffee but she wasn’t interested in the nearby café, Todo Fresa. We went up to the 4th floor but on the way she suggested Tostao but I nixed that idea because I don’t like drinking coffee out of a cardboard cup. We had lattes in Crepes & Waffles and shared a tiramisu that must have come out of the freezer for 28,250 pesos ($6.75).

We returned to the apt by taxi.

After this latest “war” between Israel and Hamas, I get questions from Teresa like: “Is the war over?” “Why didn’t the people who were killed hide in the basement?”

Today I wore my underwear inside out because I put the pad on the wrong side. 😊

I’m trying to give the series Succession (8.9) another chance and I just finished the first episode.

 

Meanwhile in Canada



 

No comments:

Post a Comment