Thursday, October 19, 2023

Wednesday, October 4, 2023

 Last night I went to bed at 9:45 got up once during the night, woke up at 6:30, did my Kegel exercises, and got up at 6:45.

Today is Iryna Bilyk’s birthday. Who is she? She’s the mother of Michael’s son from Kyiv, Ukraine that we met at the wedding. Why did I mention her birthday? It will become clear over the next 2 days.

Well, it’s 8am and it’s raining (lightly) and my new umbrella is probably on its way here from Bogota. I’m hoping for a short break in the rain so I can at least get to the gym without being soaked. Five minutes later Teresa said the rain had stopped. I looked out and I could still see drops but I saw a couple people walking without umbrellas so it can’t be too bad. I put on my jacket and walked to Smartfit where I completed my workout. I saw the girl in the green McHenry Brewing Company t-shirt again so I approached her. She didn’t speak English but she got the t-shirt on a trip to the US, specifically New Jersey.

I returned to the apt as quickly as I could in a light drizzle.

Teresa got stuck in a heavy rain and didn’t return until 12:45.

I made plans to meet Jose next Tuesday at Todo Fresa in Unicentro mall for coffee. No chess, just getting caught up on what’s going on with each of us.

I left the apt at 2pm and had a latte in Los Porteños for a couple hours while reading my new chess book on endgames. Chris Cajoleas stopped by and I learned that he is half Greek on his father’s side. In fact his father was an Orthodox priest (and then a dentist) in Tarpon Springs, Florida. Chris is trying to get space in San Diego mall for his tejo business.

On my way back to the apt I stopped in Ara and bought a couple things Teresa needed.

In my latest game vs Troyclough I set a trap; now I have to wait to see if he falls for it. No, he didn’t fall for it but I think I can still make something out of it.

 

Meanwhile in Canada



No comments:

Post a Comment