Thursday, October 19, 2023

Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30 got up once at 5am for a trip to the bathroom, couldn’t fall back asleep, did my Kegel exercises, and got up at 5:45.

Troyclough and I agreed to a draw after 36 moves, dropping my rating 1 point to 1541.

I packed my laptop and left the apt at 8:45. Next door to Parva, Na Pizza was being gutted, not sure if it’s closing or it’s a large remodeling job. Per Danny, the owner, on Facebook, “We’re renovating the dining room to bring a whole new look to match our great food! We’ll be posting regular updates on our Instagram if you want to follow @napizzamedellin. Plan to be open first week of November but will confirm exact date on our IG”.

I checked in with Jose and he says his heart is only working at 35%-45% efficiency and he is on a blood thinner for blood clots. He gets tired easily when he goes out; he can walk slowly but not too far. He suggested we meet next week at Unicentro mall. Todo Fresa opens there at 10am so maybe we’ll just meet for coffee and we can talk a bit.

I checked my Amazon order and it says it was delivered yesterday at 1:03pm so I’ll have to ask at the porteria.

I left at noon and as I entered the porteria the portero signaled me to wait and handed me my package. I ordered the book on September 27th (last Wednesday) and it made it from Tennessee to Envigado in 5 days (it was delivered yesterday at 1:03pm). I would have had it in my hands earlier but the electric gate isn’t working again so I haven’t needed to enter/exit through the porteria.

I left at 12:30 and took a Didi to Mayorca. There were a few raindrops on the windshield and on me as I walked into the mall. It took a while for Teresa to meet me at Crepes & Waffles. I had their chicken crepe with cheese and broccoli with a mango juice and she had something with shrimp and a pineapple juice. The total was 85mil and I went to my fanny pack for the 100mil bill I put there but it wasn’t there. I remember taking it out of the safe. Strange!

I found the book I was looking for La Prueba del Cielo by Eben Alexander M.D. in Libreria Ediciones so I bought it for Teresa for 49mil ($12). She bought a few things in Pasteur pharmacy and Fajitex and we returned to the apt by taxi.

I gave Teresa the book but she wants to wait until our Christmas vacation when she’ll have more time. I told her I’ll put in one of our suitcases so she doesn’t forget it.

Teresa was too tired from her yoga class to go to the movies tonight so… another day.

Remember those 2 games I lost to ONEIPAMETARO1453? Well, on Chess.com he has a Blitz rating of 1905 and Rapid rating of 2036 so he’s no pushover. Well, despite Chess.com suggesting him as a match opponent, he’s not taking any more points from me!




The US Dollar appears to be making a comeback against the Colombian Peso, it’s now over 4200 pesos to the dollar.

I went next door to Ara to buy a couple bags of milk for tomorrow. While I was there Teresa had me pick up tomatoes and broccoli.

Troyclough blundered and resigned our game in 18 moves increasing my rating to 1547.

I’m now watching the 5-episode TV series The Whitehouse Plumbers (6.7) on MTV.

 

Meanwhile in Canada



No comments:

Post a Comment