Friday, October 20, 2023

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, woke up at 6am, did my Kegel exercises, and got up.

Teresa left at 7am for eps and we’ll probably meet for breakfast at Los Porteños at 8am. That means I’ll probably have a late trip to the gym.

I left the apt at 7:30 and was drinking a latte when Teresa texted me at 7:45, “Terry tu pedirme un sanduche de pernil con tomate y pan integral y un late grande gracias”.

The waitress was standing right in front of me so I put in her order and mine.

I texted her, “hecho” (Done) and she replies, “Yo decirte cuando listo”. I texted her, “Acabo de hacer un pedido para ti” and she texts me, “Espera un poco”. I asked the waitress to hold the order in the kitchen. I had already finished my food when Teresa arrived 15 minutes later and they reheated her order. The total came to 74,406 pesos ($17.50).

She left to go to the gym and I returned to the apt and changed clothes for the gym.

At 8:27 Marcos texted me he’s in the bank. I told him I’m back at the apt. At 9:13 he texted me he’s done at the bank and I told him I would be waiting for him in our porteria.

 

He arrived just after 9:30 and we went up to my apt and he gave me the 3,500,000 pesos all in 100mil pesos. No problem, takes up less space.

His apt is in Sabaneta near the main park and his girlfriend’s sons and a cousin will be living there. When he dies the title should automatically pass down to her so he believes it’s no longer so important for them to get married. The previous owner of the apt flips apartments for a profit. He is planning on going into business with the owner and their RE lawyer. I suggested Teresa might be interested in being a financial partner if they are interested in changing their risk/profit from 33% to 25%.

I left the apt at 10am and completed my workout returning to the apt by 11am. Still leaking a little.

Teresa has been on the phone trying to make doctor’s appointments. My dermatology appointment is 8:30 tomorrow with Doctora Cristina Maria Uribe Betancur at Clinica Las Vegas, Fase 1, Piso 4, Consultorio 422, for 190mil.

Teresa is so busy on the phone I suggested I eat at Parva. She agreed and I confirmed plans to meet Bob Hamilton at Parva at 1pm.

I left at 12:20 with the idea of having a sandwich at Parva but we both thought they only have desserts. Teresa had the great idea of having a sandwich in Eduardo Madrid. I went there and had a Club Sandwich with a Coke for 17,430 pesos ($4).



I was at Parva by 1pm and Bob soon arrived. He was never in the first game but did better in the second but I still won easily. He’s heading back to Minneapolis tomorrow.

I had a latte in Los Porteños for a while. I bought 2 bags of milk before returning to the apt.

A notice in the elevator says we will be without sewer service tomorrow from 8am to 2pm.

When I returned to the apt Teresa handed me the utility bill – 565,341 pesos ($134) – a new high.

I drew a match with Troyclough costing me 2 points, my rating is now 1557.

For supper I ordered fried chicken from Frisby.

Uh-oh, Colombia plays Uruguay tomorrow in a World Cup qualifying match. Let the craziness begin.

 

Meanwhile in Canada



No comments:

Post a Comment