Thursday, October 19, 2023

Saturday, September 30, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up 3 times during the night, woke up at 7:15, made a trip to the bathroom, did my Kegel exercises, and got up.

I went straight to the bathroom and was standing at the sink blowing my nose when I felt like an open faucet, pee missing my pad and leaking through my underwear onto the floor. Well, that was embarrassing. Teresa helped me with the cleanup.

At 9:45 I took a Didi to Daniel’s barbershop where I got my first haircut in 5 weeks. That’s too long, I think I’ll get one very 4 weeks from now on.

I took a Didi to Todo Drogas where I purchased my medications for the month for 228,700 pesos ($56). I also asked for another container of Exania for a single “bite” on the side of my chest but they didn’t have it.

I went across the street to the new Plaza de Mercado de Envigado to check it out. It looks like the same stores and same layout as before just in a new building. I thought I saw something upstairs so I took the stairs and found a food court with a number of restaurants.









One of the restaurants is called Donelia and the menu reminded me of the cheap place where my brother and I would occasionally go for breakfast. I texted him a couple photos and he confirmed it’s the same place.

I stopped at a drugstore called Aliadas and bought the Exania for 58,707 pesos ($14.50) as compared to the 48,500 pesos I paid at Todo Drogas 2 weeks ago. Confirming again that Todo Drogas is the least expensive pharmacy.

I walked to the used bookstore and asked about the Spanish books for Teresa but no luck.

I walked past Parva (empty) to Los PorteƱos but all the outside seats were taken and a couple were just entering so obviously they’re very busy. I returned to Parva and had a latte outside. At one point I heard a car horn blaring and not 5 yards from me a guy was slowly backing into a parking space and an aggressive taxi driver didn’t want to back up for him. I’ll bet the taxi driver had some choice words for him.

I beat a 7-year-old Magnus Carlsen at a game of chess. I stayed for about an hour before returning to the apt.

I lost a game to ONEIPAMETATO lowering my rating to 1543.

I started watching the new TV series Justified: City Primeval (7.5) on MTV.

Tomorrow Teresa is going to a special mass with her gf in San Peregrino.

At 9:25 the loud Mexican music started. Best guess, from one of the apartments across the street.

 

Meanwhile in Canada



No comments:

Post a Comment