Monday, October 16, 2023

Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Last night I fell asleep quickly, slept well and didn’t wake up until just before 7am.

I left the apt at 7:45 (Teresa wanted to sleep in) and had churros and a latte inside Dixie (it was a very cool morning) while waiting on Teresa to return.






She met me at 8:15 and had breakfast there while I had another latte and a croissant.

I finally started learning about the hurricane we experienced when we were in Lavrio:



Via google I found some more information about it:




She did some more shopping. This is a hat store in Plaza Mayor.



They also sell pens.



When I first arrived in Medellin I had learned Pen is boligrafo but I soon learned Colombians call it lapicero.

I stopped at the same cellphone store where I bought a 3-prong adaptor for my laptop and a regular adaptor for 5 and 3, respectively.

We went to the same Chinese restaurant for lunch at 2:30 but they were closed. Online it said they open at 12:30, go figure.

We ended up at a restaurant called Taste Gallery where Teresa placed her order and I ordered bread with tomatoes (sauce?) and a vegetable and chicken Wok. We also shared a bottle of water. They brought a box with 2 large pieces of bread and I thought they just forgot the tomatoes. They brought Teresa a plate of what looked like baby beef (Argentinian) with a side of fried potato cubes. She sent the beef back because it was too tough to chew. My Wok was very light on the chicken. A chicken may have run through that garden but certainly didn’t leave much
DNA behind.
😊 I cancelled the bread when it became apparent that was a separate order.

The total came to 56.60, kind of a rip off.

We walked toward the south of Plaza Mayor, a side we hadn’t explored before. We stopped at a café where we had lattes and enjoyed sitting outside in the fresh air.





We stopped at a pharmacy where Teresa bought some skin cream (after talking a long time with a customer and the pharmacist) for my leg wound which appeared to be leaking plasma. I showed her latter my wounds and she recommended a topical antibiotic cream for 39.9.

Teresa did some more shopping and bought a pair of shoes at Lobos Dos for 39.

 

Hilarious Memes



No comments:

Post a Comment