Friday, October 20, 2023

Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, got up once during the night, woke up at 5:30 and got up at 6am.

I left the apt at 8:30 and walked to the mall. I recycled a few items, printed Teresa’s latest test results in Auros, and made an ATM withdrawal. I had a latte in Urbania while studying more of my endgame chess book.

I left about 11am, bought 3 bottles of Smuckers Strawberry Preserves and a 3-bar pack of Dove soap and returned to the apt by taxi.

We had strong thunderstorms come through between 1:20 – 3pm.

I drew a game vs Troyclough lowering my rating to 1553.

Teresa talked to her mom who is sad because her cellphone doesn’t work. I think we’re going to buy her a new one tomorrow, a simple one just for Whatsapp and calls.

Teresa suggested she give her cellphone to her mother, I give my cellphone to her and I buy the latest, greatest new Samsung cellphone. I brought to her attention that that means everyone has to learn a new (different) cellphone.

We left the apt at 4:15 and took a Didi to the mall. We met MT at the information desk by the entrance then went to the cellphone sales area in Exito where we found a Samsung A04 cellphone for 538,545 pesos ($127). That one was the cheapest they had and it was on discount.



Even though it was the least expensive one Teresa thought it was too expensive. After she talked to the salesman, I understood she was going to keep the new one for herself and give hers to her mother. He took the sim card out of MT’s old phone and put it in Teresa’s new phone. Teresa asked if I could set up Whatsapp on the new phone and I assured her I could.

These are all cellphone salespersons, the 3 in the foreground representing Motorola.



We went across the street to Wilson’s bar. I went to download Whatsapp and it first asked to set up an account with Google. I entered my Hotmail email address and my usual password. Then it had lots of information in Spanish so I passed it to Teresa. She asked me to move her sim card back to her mother’s old phone and I was successful in removing it from her phone but MT’s old phone has an unusual “slot” in the back and I wasn’t paying attention when the salesman took it out she had me return it to her new cellphone. (I was starting to get confused as to what sim card is where.) Teresa texted Alejandro and asked if he could come help. (I understood he had a class in Envigado tonight between 6:30 and 7:30.) Teresa suggested I have coffee back in VE (Viva Envigado) after I make a copy of her test result. I did and had a latte in Urbania.

I blundered in the opening and lost another game to Troyclough lowering my rating to 1545.

At 7:45 Teresa texted me that her sister Adriana is sick and she’s going to visit her so the cellphone setup will be delayed for tonight. She suggested I get something to eat and we’ll meet back at the apt. I wasn’t particularly hungry so I returned to the apt by taxi and had half a bagel with strawberry preserves.

Teresa returned at 8:45 and reported that Adriana has been in the hospital since yesterday with a possible heart attack.

Teresa asked about her backup battery and I confirmed it won’t work (she’s moved from USBA à USBC) on her new phone.

 

BRILLIANT COMEBACKS



No comments:

Post a Comment