Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Monday, October 23, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10, got up once at 3:30, waking/getting up at 7am.

Well, at least last night I didn’t have any excessive itching so that’s a plus.

At 8:30 I was ready to leave for the gym when I got a message from Dr. Milton’s office. After some back and forth using my translator, I find their next available appointment is in December. That won’t work. Then I get a message from Jose inviting me for coffee tomorrow at 10am in Todo Fresa in Unicentro. 😊 That works!

I completed my usual workout in Smartfit noting which machines I want to up the weight a bit on Wednesday.

I left the apt at 2:30 in a few raindrops and stopped at the Bancolombia kiosk to print Teresa’s test results. While waiting I realized I forgot to bring my chess book. It started pouring so when I left I put up my umbrella and continued on to Los Porteños. I had a latte while going through my cellphone until about 5pm. I bought 2 bags of milk on the way back to our apt.

I think I had an inferior position against Troyclough and just wanted to come away with a draw but he made a mistake and resigned on his 29th move increasing my rating to 1549.

We had some strong thunder followed by rain, occasionally heavy. (I’ve experienced some very strong thunder and lightning since moving here, not sure if it’s because we live in a valley or because our windows are usually open.) It was still raining when I went to bed at 10am. It’s been a while since I’ve done this but I put a blanket over the sheet on my bed.

 

BRILLIANT COMEBACKS



No comments:

Post a Comment