Thursday, October 19, 2023

Saturday, October 7, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up twice during the night, woke up at 6:45, did my Kegel exercises, and got up at 7am.

I made plans to meet Marcos at his apt at 10:30.

Teresa needs to pick up her monthly medication in Medellin then she has a 3pm appointment to have her hair done so I’ll be on my own for lunch. The plan is we’re going to have dinner in El Correo in Poblado tonight to celebrate our birthdays.

I left the apt at 9:30 and had a latte in Otra Parte. Marcos texted me at 10am that he was back in his apt. I told him I would still meet him in his apt around 10:30. I gave him the cash; he explained that Wells Fargo screwed up his transfer by misspelling his middle name and now he’s trying to get that fixed. He’s hoping to be able to pay me back by next Thursday because Friday he leaves for Arizona to visit his grandsons; he’ll be away until the end of October.

I went down the hill to Tostao where I had a café con leche (in a paper cup, ugh) and studied more of my chess book.

I left about 11:30 and returned to the apt.

I’ve had Paula Hawkins’ Into the Water since June 4th but Glenn and I haven’t returned to Sweet Georgia since then. At noon I ordered a Didi to take me to Sweet Georgia. The restaurant was pretty full with guys watching an LSU college football game. The restaurant added an actual bookshelf to hold books for exchange. The 3rd book I picked up was Garry Kasparov’s How Life Imitates Chess. Well, that’s gotta be more interesting for me then Into the Water. I had a Coke with ice, then French toast and scrambled eggs, and later a glass of orange juice for 40mil ($9.25).

At 1:30 I returned to the apt by Didi. I heard thunder as I got out of the car so I guess I got back just in time. The downpour started at 2:15 and lasted about 45 minutes. Teresa texted asking where I am (luckily I’m home) and she’s at the beauty shop which is where she needs to be.

I watched the first episode of Saving Private Ryan, not for the first time.

She returned at 5pm.

Teresa was going to wear a dress but is afraid she’ll be too cold so she put on jeans, a blouse and a felt jacket for tonight. I have my own clothing problem. I gave away all my size 34 jeans except one pair I can barely squeeze into. That with my only long sleeve shirt is what I’ll be wearing tonight.

This is a mural my half-sister in Wisconsin painted.




Just after 6:30 I ordered a Didi to take us to El Correo. As we stepped out of the car Teresa saw another restaurant she preferred called Mistura.  Being so early and only being the 2 of us we easily got a table. I ordered the pepper steak cooked medium well with a salad and a coconut lemonade and Teresa ordered fish with sides of avocado and broccoli with a bottle of water. When my meat arrived, it was bloody inside so I sent it back. When it returned one piece was cooked perfectly and the other was still red so I sent the 2nd one back. In the end the meat tasted good but was slightly chewy. The salad was slightly difficult to eat but was okay. I ordered this dessert: menu photo then the real thing:




It was quite tasty.

The check came to 255,447 pesos ($59), including tip.

I ordered a Didi to pick us up but when we stepped outside it was pouring. Good thing I brought the large umbrella. Traffic was bumper to bumper but after a 5-10-minute wait we had our dry, warm car to return us to our apt.

With the rain we’ve had this week maybe summer is over and we’re now in the rainy season. In that case the only time of the day you can be reasonably certain will be dry is the morning.

 

Meanwhile in Canada



 

No comments:

Post a Comment