Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Sunday, September 24, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up 2am and 4am, finally waking/getting up at 6am. Teresa got up at 6:30.

Wow, Lenny challenged me to a game of chess on Chess.com. (Later I surmised that Chess.com was just trying to pair us up for a game.)

I left the apt at 8:15 and walked to Sao Paolo Plaza where I had a latte and almond croissant while waiting for Glenn. They arrived on time at 9am.  I brought him a few peanuts from my 2nd small White Sox bag. He had his usual latte with a cinnamon roll and I had calentao (rice and beans) with scrambled eggs. For apple pie he recommended a German bakery named Alepan but they only deliver. I saw they have a large apple pie for 69,900 pesos. I texted them and they have a personal size I might want to try.




Did I mention my security cable lock didn’t work when we were in Europe? I asked Glenn to bring his screwdriver and obviously I have previously used it for some other purpose because it’s much too small for my cable lock. Back at the apt I went down to the garage storage area and found I have 5 screwdrivers; do you believe they are all Phillips head? I don’t even have one regular head? Then I remembered I have one on my Red Cross pocketknife.

Well, it’s been 4 weeks since I last did a Kegel exercise or used my TENS unit. I hadn’t noticed any significant change until today; excessive leaking both to and from my walk to Sao Paolo.  I guess I’d better get back to doing them.

I lost a game to Troyclough dropping my rating to 1552.

I chatted with Thomas from Alepan Bakery. I ordered 2 small apple pies for 10mil each and 2 Bretzels for 5mil each. He’s going to deliver them personally because he has business in the area today. He can take cash but his drivers can’t so I’m not sure how I will be able to order in the future. He delivered the pies but forgot the Bretzels.

Wow, the first apple pie Teresa and I shared was delicious.

Teresa left to pick up her mother and visit an aunt in Caldas with dementia.

We had a strong lightning storm come through from 3:15 to 3:45.

I ate my peanuts and drank my Coke and watched the Chicago Bears get drubbed by the Kansas City Chiefs 41-10.

I watched another episode of The Lincoln Lawyer.

Teresa returned at 7:30.

 

Hilarious Memes



No comments:

Post a Comment