Monday, October 23, 2023

Sunday, October 22, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10, got up twice during the night, waking/getting up at 6am.

Teresa is going to take her mother to mass in a pueblo named Marinilla. She asked me where to catch a bus in Medellin. I had her write down the name of the pueblo, I translated “where in Medellin can I catch a bus to Marinilla” to Spanish and copied it into my chrome browser (because I don’t have it set to automatically translate to English). What came up was how to catch buses in Marinilla, 3 ways to get to Marinialla, etc, etc. It was all in Spanish so I had Teresa sit down to go through it. It looked like they need to catch a bus from Terminal Norte.

Just after 8am I walked to Olivenza in Sao Paulo and arrived 5 minutes before they opened. Glenn with Bianca arrived by 9am. He told me he intends to buy a cheap iPhone to use as a backup in case he loses, or someone steals, his regular iPhone. For breakfast I had the calentao, scrambled eggs and bread with butter – don’t forget the lattes. I stopped at Cafam pharmacy and bought a box of 10 10mg Atorvastatina for 32,750 pesos ($7.75) for Teresa. (Next Saturday I’ll be including it with the medications I’ll be buying for November.)

I walked back to the apt and Teresa had already left.

Comfortable in my recliner with peanuts and Coke I watched the Chicago Bears and UDFA QB Tyson Bagent beat the Las Vegas Raiders 30-12. That was fun!

I was watching episode 5 of Succession when Teresa called and asked me to meet them for patacones. I said I didn’t think the lady is open on Sundays but if not we can have pizza across the street. I changed clothes and took a Didi to Antica Pizza where I easily found 3 free seats inside. Teresa and MT joined me a few minutes later. We each had a slice of pizza with water for 48mil. We walked down the street to the bakery where I bought 2 pastries for the porteros and we quickly returned to the apt by taxi.

This is when I found out Teresa bought herself Atorvastatina also.

Out of the blue Teresa informs me we should go to Jardin de Botanico sometime. Why? They have food, space to walk, chess. What? It took a few more questions to figure out they never went to Marinilla today, they went to Jardin de Botanico. I understand MT thought Marinilla was too far.

 

BRILLIANT COMEBACKS



No comments:

Post a Comment