Saturday, August 3, 2024

Friday, August 2, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 4am, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Did I mention last night I took a Covid test but the result was negative?

I left the apt at 8:45 and had the chess tournament information printed. If I understood correctly, she charges the same for color as for black & white, 500 pesos a page.

I had a latte in Los Porteños while completing another 3 pages of chess puzzles, getting all of them correct. I studied the tournament information and I see I can deposit the 77mil registration fee into a Bancolombia account. That will save me the trouble of having to go over there the same day or the day before.

ONEIPAMETATO1453 resigned our game on the 45th move increasing my rating to 1576.

Teresa was running late for our 1pm lunch with Jimmy so we changed it to 1:30. He said it was fine but he would have to leave at 3pm.

We took a Didi to the mall and found a long line outside Crepes & Waffles. We decided to move to J&C Delicias. Teresa went for a table there while I waited for Jimmy. He texted me from Crepes & Waffles, the ice cream store and I told him to come up 2 more levels and towards the back. I could actually see him down there and come up to meet me. We moved to J&C Delicias where we had a nice lunch. I asked him about his 3pm comment and he said he’s catching a 5:15 flight to Cartagena for the weekend.

It was only 2:30 when we finished lunch so we moved down to Valentina’s for coffee. Jim and I left at 3pm and took a seat at the taxi stand next to the Jumbo grocery store. After a 10-minute wait it became obvious it was going to be a long wait for out turn. We went up to the 3rd floor exit and Jimmy immediately caught a taxi to the airport.

This is how the atrium is decorated for the Flower Faire. Those are all fresh flowers at the base.



I stopped at the Bancolombia consignacion machine where I deposited 77,000 pesos in the chess league account.

Back at our table in Valentina’s, I sent a photo of my chess tournament payment to the chess league office along with my name and the section I want to play in.

Someone finally responded and after a lot of back and forth I found that I was 13,000 pesos short on my payment for “carnet or multa”, whatever that means. I’ll take care of that tomorrow.

The café was pretty crowded and one abuela brought her grandson to the back area next to us where there were toys to share. She took off her facemask and Teresa recognized her as a relative of Aunt Mary of El Rancherito fame. They chatted for a while and she met other members of the family.

We finally left at 5:30 and returned to the apt by taxi.

Tomorrow Teresa wants to go to Premium Plaza mall and San Diego mall, for what I don’t know but probably something connected with the upcoming Feria de los Flores.

 

DEALING WITH ENTITLED & RUDE PEOPLE



 

No comments:

Post a Comment