Friday, August 16, 2024

Thursday, August 15, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 1:15, again at 5am, finally waking/ getting up at 7:30.

I met Marcos at Los Portenos (from here on just assume the ‘n’ is an ‘ñ’ because I’m tired of typing it) at 9:15 and we discussed politics, football and their upcoming trip to Madrid and Marrakesh. He left at 10am and soon another gringo sat down at the next table and I met Bill from Memphis. He retired her about 18 months ago and bought an apartment down the hill still under construction at Terrazas de Rio.

In the afternoon I went to the Otra Parte patio; it appears the sun is behind the building by 2-3 pm making it a nice place to sit (no umbrella needed). I briefly spoke to a couple from Texas visiting the woman’s family here. For the first time I noticed the Coke bottle tops have an “Excess of Sugars” warning printed on them



I watched the first four episodes of Hard Knocks: Offseason with the New York Giants on HBO Max.

Shedrain responded to my email, they think a similar but larger umbrella was sent. They asked me to send them the PO code on a tag inside the umbrella to be sure.

Jose sent me a link to the Liga de Ajedrez website and I was able to confirm the names and ratings of my opponents from last week.

I finished reading Lee Child’s The Secret on my Kindle. Now time to return to my behemoth read Truman.

 

DEALING WITH ENTITLED & RUDE PEOPLE



No comments:

Post a Comment