Friday, August 30, 2024

Thursday, August 29, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30am.

Nothing good opening this week in Cine Colombia.

DirectTV hasn’t worked in months so last night I took a video of the error message appearing on the screen and today I plan to go to their office in Oviedo mall and see what they can do. Teresa asked me to drop off a chafing dish to her mother’s porteria on the way. I left at 8:45 and took a Didi to Portal del Sur where I dropped off the chafing dish with the portero then continued on to Oviedo mall. My driver, David, spoke some English. He’s 20 years old and has been driving (very cautiously I might add) for 5 years.

I went upstairs and asked a security guard where the Direct TV office is and he said they moved to Santafe mall. I walked over to Santafe mall and asked the security guard for Direct TV and he said they aren’t here. What a wild goose chase.

I went to Valentina’s cafĂ© and had a latte for a couple hours.

I returned to Envigado by bus; it looks like the fare has gone up another 100 pesos to 3,300 pesos; that’s still less than a US dollar.

At 1:45pm a downpour started and then we lost our power, probably a blown transformer. The power came back on 30 minutes later but it’s still pouring outside. The rain finally stopped about 2:30.

Troyclough resigned our game increasing my rating to 1586.

I remember now a Direct TV office on Calle 10A near Hotel Diez. I think I’ll try that tomorrow afternoon.

 

FUNNY SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment