Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10:15, got up once at 2:30, again at 4am, finally waking/getting up at 6:30am.

I left at 7:45 and walked to the mall where I had a simple breakfast in Habia Una Vez for 18,900 pesos.



I recycled a few plastic bottles then went to Auros where I had my signed voting application (FPCA) scanned to my USB drive.

I tried to make a withdrawal from a Didi ATM but it said, “transaccion con problemas. Intente luego” aka “try later”. Next to it were two guards, one with a revolver and the other with a shotgun, both weapons at the ready. I’m guessing they were waiting for their comrade to arrive with the cash.

I went up to the 2nd floor and made a 2,000,000-peso withdrawal, starting to accumulate cash for next month’s apt rental payment.

I went down to Urbania where I had a latte while continuing my Simple Chess book. Teresa arrived at 10:15 and had a yucca waffle with maple syrup, actually looked more like honey, and a latte.

We went to Home Center where she bought a palo (handle) for our mop and a new dish drainer for the kitchen sink. We returned to the apt by taxi.

I’ve been communicating by email with The Athletic over their monthly withdrawals of $1.99 since my subscription has expired. I saw online they’ve returned at least one $1.99 payment and hopefully they won’t continue to make withdrawals in the future. Later I received an email from Paypal confirming my $1.99 refund.

I watched Anna Cramling playing in the Maia chess open on Twitch which she won against a 1899 rated player.

At 2:30 I went to Eduardo Madrid where I ordered 6 sesame seed bagels for pickup tomorrow afternoon and had a latte there. I left at 4:30 and returned to the apt.

Kelley was just leaving from a massage as I entered.

I’m watching video lessons on a variation of the Dutch defense called The Stonewall Dutch.

 

FUNNY SIGNS




 

No comments:

Post a Comment