Thursday, August 29, 2024

Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10:15, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:15am. I had my recurring dream again about being in college. I think I’m working on a Master’s degree. Again, I was behind on my math homework and still had the same book yet to read. Again I got a little lost finding my building so I could return to my room. I had the impression I was experiencing current times, not some years ago.

Teresa had a 7am class so I didn’t expect her to be here but she was. She told me her legs were too tired from yesterday’s class so she decided to skip it. I don’t know why she goes to classes two days in a row, the body needs time to recuperate.

I left at 9am and completed my usual (-10#) workout in Smarfit. I was walking past the restaurant Olivia when a woman asked me something. I thought I heard “La Vaquita” at the end so I asked her to repeat it. She did and then she asked me if I speak English. I gave her directions to Calle 37 then 3 blocks east to the park. She said someone told her it’s close to here. That sounded familiar. I asked a waiter I saw in Olivia and he gave directions to the old Consumo location. Then I remembered it was now La Vaquita and I gave her directions to it first in English then in Spanish.

All the outdoor tables were taken in Los Portenos so I took an outside table at Ganso & Castor and had a latte. I think the girl sitting next to me was a gringa but I didn’t bother her as she was concentrating on Excel spreadsheets on her laptop. I left at 11am and returned to the apt.

Bobski21 resigned our game increasing my rating one point to 1577.

I checkmated ONEIPAMETATO1453 in 43 moves increasing my rating to 1581.

I left the apt at 3pm and had a latte in Eduardo Madrid while waiting for Teresa to join me after her art class. (At the next table two ladies were busy with some art project. With their permission I took this photo and sent it to Teresa.



Teresa arrived at 5:30 and she said the ladies were working on macrame. We shared two chicken sandwiches on Kaiser rolls. She liked the rolls so much she told me to buy them whenever I come to buy bagels.

We left at 6:30 and returned to the apt.

I emailed my Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request (FPCA) to Cook County in Illinois.

I watched another lesson on the Stonewall Dutch.

 

FUNNY SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment