Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Monday, August 5, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up at 1:30 (it was raining) and 4:30, finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

Still drizzling when I got up. The Weather Channel predicts this will end soon but can start again around 11am.

Teresa left at 8am for her gym class then she’s going to take her mother to the bank, something about a tarjeta.

At 8:30 I requested a Didi ride and arrived at Hija Mia Nomada 5 minutes before 9am. Jimmy arrived 5 minutes later. He had the waffle and I had the French toast and we each had 2 lattes and he picked up the check. 



He’s going to check out tours today. He believes there is one tomorrow to Santa Lena that I encouraged him to take advantage of. We’re going to meet for lunch Wednesday at a restaurant in Estadio.

I returned to the apt by Didi.

I called Teresa and we’re going to meet for lunch, with MT, at La Bahia.

I left the apt at 12:15 and walked to La Bahia. I called Teresa and she asked me to save a table and they would be there in a couple minutes. I did and they did. We had a nice lunch for 52mil. Teresa went to visit with her mother and I walked across the street to the mall. There is construction (or more like destruction) going on in the outdoor parking on the east side of the building. Maybe it has something to do with IKEA?

I deposited another 23mil into the Liga de Ajedrez account and printed my hotel reservation in Auros. The nearby ATM didn’t work so I went upstairs in the main part of the mall. The 2nd ATM I tried allowed me to withdraw 2,000,000 pesos. I went down to Urbania and had a latte while attempting another 3 pages of chess puzzles. At one point there was one puzzle I had no idea how to solve. When I had the same problem with the next one, I realized they had switched the Mates-in-two from White moves first to Black moves first. Still, I ended up getting two puzzles wrong, a first for me.

I left at 4:30 and returned to the apt by taxi.

I watched mostly news but also finished another episode of True Bloods.

It rained all evening, only stopping when I went to bed at 10pm.

 

DEALING WITH ENTITLED & RUDE PEOPLE






No comments:

Post a Comment