Thursday, August 15, 2024

Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 1:15, finally waking at 6am and getting up at 6:30.

I don’t remember if I already mentioned it but I received an email from our realtor that our rent goes up to 2,486,531 pesos on the 30th of October.

Jeannie & Jacob have moved to a 2-bedroom home in Highland Park, next to a park, but they haven’t sold their condo yet so they’re paying 2 mortgages.

I left the apt at 8:15 and walked to Olivena in Sao Paulo plaza. I ordered a latte and French toast with scrambled eggs and bacon. I didn’t touch the bacon because it wasn’t crispy.

Glenn arrived with Bianca and we discussed my HBO Max problem, He believes it should work with Teresa’s debit card if I sign up as Teresa, even though I use my email address. We discussed politics and the Olympics, chess, and pinocle. The owner of his apt wanted him out so he could charge more for rent but he ended up settling on a 800,000 pesos increase for this year.

I left at 10:45 and stopped at Envios Market. Nobraskja wasn’t there (doctor’s appointment) but a man I haven’t seen before spoke a little English. I explained about my booklet that arrived in FL didn’t get included in my last delivery. I want to ensure it’s still there in FL and ask if it would be difficult to have that single small item delivered her or would it be better to wait until my next large shipment. I gave him my phone number and Nobraskja will call me.

In their courtyard is a Bancolombia kiosk and in less than a minute I managed to deposit 100,000 pesos into Teresa’s savings account.

I stopped in Ara and bought 5 tomatoes, a bag of milk and lettuce but they didn’t have broccoli.

ONEIPAMETATO1453 resigned our latest game increasing my rating to 1577.

Teresa left at 1:45 for her art class. I left at 2:30 and on the sidewalk in front of Tienda D1 were 2 policemen in the new blue uniforms (so I’m thinking they are your typical beat cops) with a young man they were talking to who was handcuffed behind his back.

In Eduardo Madrid I had a latte while solving another 3 pages of chess puzzles, missing 1. Late in the afternoon the bakery got busy and Teresa finally arrived at 5:30. She had a latte, I had another, and we split something that reminded me of a chicken pot pie but open face. We then shared a slice of fresh (I know because I noticed the cake hadn’t been cut yet) carrot cake. I paid for it all and we returned to the apt.

One of the things that arrived in my package was a Shedrain umbrella for Teresa. I got this particular one because the website said it was 10” long so it would fit in Teresa’s bag. It doesn’t fit so I measured it and it’s 15” long. I sent Shedrain an email notifying them of that; we’ll see what they say.

I set up an account with HBO Max using Teresa’s name, debit card but my email address. I logged in and I see Hard Knocks for Dolphins and Giants but not the Bears. I’m guessing I’ll have to watch the Tuesday night episodes as they are released and catch up on the earlier episodes later.

 

DEALING WITH ENTITLED & RUDE PEOPLE



No comments:

Post a Comment