Monday, August 26, 2024

Sunday, August 25, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during at 2am, finally waking/getting up at 6:30am.

We left the apt at 10am and walked to Ayura station. We took the metro to Exposiciones station, went downstairs and immediately got on a bus to El Retiro. Traffic was good and we arrived in only one hour; only 19mil ($4.75) for the two of us. We walked up the hill to the same restaurant as last time, Lomo fino. The steaks do look mighty fine. Teresa had salmon and I the chicken breast, which was huge, with a baked potato and a limonada de coco.



I couldn’t finish my chicken so we got it to go. (Will it still be safe to eat if it doesn’t get back to the fridge until 7pm?) The total including tip came to 127mil ($31.50).

We walked around the park and Teresa stepped inside the church where she ran into a lady she knew who used to live in Medellin. They chatted for about 30 minutes then we went to Café El Retiro where we hung out for a couple hours




me going through my chess book and Teresa working on her latest purse (which is almost finished). When we left at 4:30 our bill included 3 lattes, 1 cold cappuccino, 1 slice of apple cake with nuts, and 1 bottle of mineral water was only 47mil ($12) including tip.

We walked down the hill and got on the next bus to Medellin. Traffic was heavier than before and we arrived at Exposiciones 90 minutes later. It was a 7-minute wait for the next metro train and at Ayura station we took a taxi back to the apt for 8mil.

Next Sunday will be our last for day trips for a while as most Sundays I’ll be occupied with Bears football.

I lost a game with the black pieces to ONEIPAMETATO1453 in 23 moves, again guilty of moving too quickly, lowering my rating to 1576.

I recreated my FPCA.gov form in order to vote in the November federal election.

Tomorrow Teresa has to go to eps for something so I may be having breakfast in Los Portenos if she doesn’t return quickly enough.

 

FUNNY SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment