Friday, August 2, 2024

Thursday, August 1, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

I left the apt just after 9am and found no seats available in Tostao or Bunuelos. Marcos arrived 5 minutes later and he found a table at the café next door where we had (awful) café con leches while talking about our recent viruses, politics, and the NFL.  He left just after 10am and we’ll only have one more meetup before he leaves for Morocco.

I went down the hall to Peccato where I had a latte while solving another 3 pages of chess puzzles, getting all of them correct. Teresa called and asked me to pick up 2 ripe plantains in Ara. I bought the two most yellow plantains I could find but Teresa says they’re still 1-2 days away from being ripe.

The Great Escaper (7.0) is playing at 1:05pm in VE but I’m going to be busy for the next couple of weeks.

I texted Jimmy and asked him to come over about 4pm, definitely before traffic gets heavy.

I can’t login into my Aimchess app and they won’t reset my password so I cancelled my subscription effective 8/15/24.

I left the apt at 1:30 and walked to the mall. While there were still no lines I bought a large carton of eggs for 44,300 pesos. I had a latte in Urbania and left at 3pm and returned to the apt by taxi.

Jim arrived at 4:15 and I was a little surprised the portero let him in without calling us first.

He gave me a few covid tests even though officially they’ve expired. I tried one and the result was negative. 😊

Jim went on a bike tour and got grease on his pants but Teresa managed to remove it. 😊 He’s going to check if his hostal has any special tours or events for the Flower Faire. I gave him Carlos’ contact information as I may not be able to return to the airport with him on August 9th.

We watched the Hall of Fame game on Chicago’s ABC using my IPTV app on my TV. The Bears won 21-17 in a weather shortened game due to lightning in the area. Jim left and we’re all going to meet for lunch tomorrow at Santafe mall at 1pm. They should have a nice flower display in their atrium.

I read for about 30 minutes in my book before going to bed.

 

DEALING WITH ENTITLED & RUDE PEOPLE



No comments:

Post a Comment