Sunday, September 8, 2024

Saturday, September 7, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6am.

I see the Eagles beat the Packers 34-29. 😊 Oh, and Jordan Love was injured on the last series of the game and he should be out 4-6 weeks with a partially torn MCL.

Troyclough resigned our game in 22 moves, increasing my rating to 1588.

The current plan is to have lunch in Crepes & Waffles in Arkadia, buy a few items across the street in Pricesmart, then visit Esmeralda in her nearby apartment.

Now Teresa informs me Esmeralda she isn’t staying in her apt, she’s in her mother’s apt wherever that is.

We left the apt at noon and took a Didi to Arkadia mall where we had lunch in Crepes & Waffles. We both had their chicken with cheese and broccoli over a crepe and she had a bottle of water and I a limonada de coco for 69mil.

We walked across the street to Pricesmart where we bought 2 large bottles of olive oil, 2 bottles of Smuckers’ Strawberry Preserves (for me) a large box of Salmas Colombian crackers (for Teresa) and a cake to take to Esmeralda for 359,000 pesos ($86).

We took a taxi to Esmeralda’s apt and Alejandro was there and I think he fixed Teresa’s cellphone. A girl named Isabel arrived…I’m guess she’s Alejandro’s girlfriend or just a classmate.

It was 3pm when my brother sent me a photo of the field where the NIU Huskies were tied 7-7 in after the first quarter with Notre Dame.



We left at 4:15 and returned to the apt by Didi.

I turned on IPTV and put on the channel for NBC in Rockford and watched most of the second half of the football game which the Huskies won 16-14. 😊




Despite the headline, the Huskies beat Georgia Tech in 2021 and Boston College last year.

Teresa suggested we have ribs at La Casita Parilla so at 7pm I ordered a Didi to take us there. We both had ribs and she had an order for butifaras (sp?) for 47mil. (Butifaras are these little sausage links which I don't think are anything special.) I think I got (nicely) chewed out by Diego for taking so long to return. We left at 8:15 and returned to the apt by Didi.

 

FUNNY SIGNS




No comments:

Post a Comment