Monday, September 9, 2024

Sunday, September 8, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:15.

First thing when I got up I saw IPAMETATO1453 made a move so I quickly replied and soon I realized I captured his pawn with the wrong piece.

I left the apt at 8am, walked to Olivenza arriving by 8:30. It took a while for anyone to take my order of a latte and an almond croissant but Glenn arrived right after with Bianca. They are doing well. He’s coming here more often where before he would walk to the Starbucks in Santafe mall more often. He’s given up on chess and is back to occasionally playing pinochle. I told him about my struggles with HBO Max to see Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Chicago Bears.

Later I had calentado with scrambled eggs, a dinner roll and another latte for 50mil.

I left at 10:45, bought a large package of blueberries in Carulla for 35,500 pesos and walked back to the apt.

Teresa gave me a hard time for spending so much on the blueberries. I guess I should have waited until my next trip to Exito.

With my bag of peanuts and a Coke I watched the Chicago Bears defeat the Tennessee Titans 24-17.  The offense was struggling but the Bears defense and special teams saved the day.

Teresa left at 5pm and took a Didi to visit her mother. They were then going to La Estacion for the little empanadas I don’t care for.

I texted Jose about chess on Tuesday but he still doesn’t feel up to it.

It was a nice weekend: the Packers lost, the Huskies beat the Fighting Irish (btw, they were 28.5-point underdogs to the #5 ranked team in the country), and the Bears won. It also didn’t hurt to see the Cleveland Browns lose with their $230,000,000 quarterback.

I was winning against ONEIPAMETATO1453 but then hurried a couple of moves in the endgame and was lucky to come away with a draw, lowering my rating to 1585.

 

FUNNY SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment